Job Title: Test Engineer I (Pune Office)
Area: IT Delivery
Reports to: Manager II Application Development, IT Delivery
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
2 - 5 yrs. of Quality Assurance
Desired Education & Profile
- Graduate from any stream preferred - BE/ MCA/ M.Sc. (Computer Science)
- Very good verbal, written and technical communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Team Player with positive attitude
- Ability to interact across various teams (Onsite/ Offshore)
- Creative and proactive to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and testing environments
- Strong Knowledge of SDLC/ STLC /Agile
- Must have worked on web application testing including cross browser testing
- Should be aware of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in Functional/ Regression/ System and System Integration testing
- Good at designing Test Cases/ Test Scenario
- Knowledge of Defect tracking and Test management tool for E.g. JIRA
- Good understanding of automated testing concepts
- Hands on experience using any industry standard automation tool
- Identify manual test cases that are feasible for automation, plan and automate regression test cases for reduction in test cycles
- Provide inputs for the high-level estimates/ Risks in the early stage of the project.
- Should be able to work independently and is self-directed and works effectively under pressure.
- Coordination and Collaboration, with good written and technical communication skills.
- Self-motivated person, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Should demonstrate strong analytical skill and be able to diagnose complex problems.
- Exploration of new tools/ Technical topics
- Interact with different product, project and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project/ product and testing objectives
- The individual should work closely with different stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution
- Should be able to write reports, documentation and be able to give formal presentations to large groups.
- Strong in troubleshooting, root cause identification and resolution
Good to Have/ Additional Advantages
- Certified Testing engineers e.g. ISTQB
- Security Testing, Performance Testing or any other Non-functional testing
- Experience on any functional automation tool