|Position: Development Engineer - I (Pune Office) (PHP+ Drupal -NCG)|
|Job Id: 636|
|# of Openings: 1|
Job Title: Drupal Developer - (Pune Office)
Area: IT Delivery
Reports to: Manager II Application Development, IT Delivery
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience)/ MCA/ BE in Computers/ BSC IT.
1. Have good hands on experience between 5-8 years in Object Oriented PHP 5.x and Drupal 7+.
2. Solid hands on experience in design and development of web-based applications using LAMP stack
4. Experience with any one PHP MVC frameworks like Zend, CodeIgniter, Symfony etc.
5. Experience with front-end frameworks and Content Management applications.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of version control system like Git or similar
2. Experience with CDNs and caching strategies is a plus
3. Experience administrating Linux, Apache or MySQL is a plus
4. Experience with continuous integration is a plus
5. Cloud computing and storage experience is a plus
6. Experience with MemCache, Google Search Appliance, Symfony2, Guzzle a plus
7. Knowledge JS framework is a plus
8. Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl, or other scripting language experience is a strong plus
Attention to Details
1. Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and good knowledge of related technology
2. Interpret internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices
3. Provide an approach to mitigate technical risks during development execution
4. Work independently; receive minimal guidance
5. Ability to contribute in multiple projects simultaneously and flexible to adjust the priorities
6. Be concise in all technical and non-technical communications related to work
7. Be proactive on giving ideas, suggestions to improve on the work and processes
8. Continue to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
9. Join technical communities, attend Meetups/Conferences for enhancing self-skills
10. Make sure that self-communication is at par with the business communication language
11. Status reporting to management as and when required
12. Inform and Escalate any delays in Critical and Urgent project deliveries to all respective stakeholders
13. Should be flexible and open for technical support, whenever required
Technical and Professional Expertise
1. Make sure that ideal code repository structure is maintained within own area
2. Maintain coding standards related to technology.
3. Develop and deliver user stories with right approach during timebox
4. Support critical production/ non-production issues
5. Work on application performance issues, account it in technical debt and fix such issues
6. Make sure end to end development processes are followed and quality is maintained across the applications
7. Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
8. Document processes, procedures and best practices
1. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT management, IT team members
Personal computer, telephone, video conferencing equipment
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|