Job Title: Rotary Grants Payment Coordinator
Area: Rotary Grants
Reports to: Rotary Grants Financial Processing Manager
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The Rotary Grants Payment Coordinator supports the administration of Rotary Grants payments in ensuring that payments are processed according to established key performance indicators like cycle time, accuracy, compliance, customer service targets while adhering to established internal controls. Assists Financial Processing Senior Supervisor in the year-end accruals, reconciliation process and projects. This position will also serve as a backup to the Financial Processing Manager as necessary.
Required: BA or BS degree; accounting and business administration background
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical, administrative and problem-solving skills required.
- Customer service oriented, for both internal and external clients with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of accounting practices (GAAP).
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Familiarity with issues related to international banking, foreign payments and finance.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Close attention to detail, proofreading skills and ability to maintain accurate and consistent data.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Rotary Foundation grant types.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft and various databases).
- Fluency in a second language (if applicable)
- Serves as Secondary Payment approver (“Role B”) separate from the First Payment approver (“Role A”) in Smart Simple by ensuring that grant payee information meets Rotary Grants Policy and Procedures and Payment guidelines prior to submitting payment to Financial Services- Accounts Payable.
- Verify all the grant funding is received, accurate and met all payment requirements by following the payment procedures prior to processing the payment.
- Process other payments such as Special Initiative Grants, Per Diem/Monitor payments, and other special SPA’s as necessary.
- Works with RITS/BCD to get scholar travel information and resolve related inquiries before processing grant payments.
- Ensures that payment-processing queries are resolved in a timely manner and in cooperation with the Financial Services.
- Assists Financial Processing Manager with annual accruals, and quarterly reconciliations.
- Provide excellent customer service to Financial Services, Regional Grants Officers, and Rotarians.
- Assist Financial Services colleagues with Audit requests and contribution research throughout the year.
- Help Regional Grant Officers with contribution inquires, adding banking information when Rotarians are unable to enter in Grant Center, Return of Funds inquires, and other related finance questions.
- Communicate with Rotarians regarding the missing payment requirements so that payments are processed timely.
- Requests reclassifications of those program and administrative expenses that are appearing incorrectly in the general ledger.
- Reconciles restricted cash contributions for grants that were received by The Rotary Foundation without a grant number associated with them and researches any problems.
- Follows up on deviations in grant payee information from established Policy and Procedures.
- Obtains instructions from RI Treasury and AP Department in those cases when a grant payment has multiple banks involved, account is in small banks with no wire facility, and other complicated wires transfer situations.
- Notifies RI Treasury Department about any Fiscal Agent country grant payments over US$100,000 to ensure there are sufficient funds to process.
- Processes Return of unused Funds in PeopleSoft.
- Researches those situations in which a grant payment is not made correctly, e.g. misrouted, misapplied, or lost.
- Assists the Manager on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Send out warning letters to sponsors for grants that are approved and not paid past 6 months.
- Ensure all necessary communication related to the grant such as exceptions, cash contributions confirmation, void payments are saved in Smart Simple grant record.
- Follow PCI Compliance procedures.
- Reply to internal and external emails/inquiries on a timely basis.
- Train payment procedures for the new Payment Coordinators.
- A minimum of two years in a financial role in an office setting, such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, corporate reporting, or planning and analysis.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Prior cross-cultural experience helpful.
Internal Collaboration Expectations
The Rotary Grants Payment Coordinator will collaborate with the following internal contacts in order to effectively complete his/her work:
- Financial Services – Accounts Payable: in issuing payments and ensuring their timely and accurate receipt.
- Financial Services – Accounts Receivables: in confirming financing of Global Grants before payment issuance.
- Financial Services – Treasury: in confirming complicated wire transfer matters and managing cash flow for grant payments.
- Financial Services – Corporate Accounting: for account reconciliation and Year end accruals.
- Associate Foundations – Ensure that associate foundations are involved as necessary in grant financing; provide data as requested for reporting requirements.
Additional Internal Contacts
- Regional Grants Officers and Managers
- International Office staff
- Foundation Research and Donor Services staff
- Rotary Support Center staff.
- Languages Service Information Services staff, as necessary.
Rotarians at the district- and club-level serving as grant project sponsors and/or donors, primarily the District Rotary Foundation Committee Chair and District Grants Subcommittee Chair, but also the District Governor, Governor-elect, Governor-nominee, and Regional Rotary Foundation Coordinator.
PC and laptop, Microsoft Office Software including Visio and internally developed databases, WWW, telephone, Multi-Functional Devices, and LCD projector.
Why Work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options