Job Title: Specialist, Digital Engagement
Area: RI Programs and Grants
Reports to: Rotary Service and Engagement Manager
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
The Rotary Service and Engagement department is the primary point of contact for many of the activities that help Rotarians connect, partner, and serve, including:
- The Project Lifecycle Kit including support for Rotary Showcase, Rotary Ideas, and Discussion Groups
- Project Enhancement
- Rotarian Action Groups
- Rotary Fellowships
- Rotary Community Corps
- Rotary Friendship Exchange
- Project Fairs
- Service and Project Partnerships
- Inter-Country Committees
The Digital Engagement Specialist serves as the primary contact for Rotary’s social business tools.
- Serve as the first point of contact/subject matter expert for RI’s social business resources (Rotary Ideas, and Rotary Showcase, My Rotary Discussion Groups) by answering inquiries, monitoring usage, identifying tool engagement trends, providing guidance and support to users. Serve as point of contact for issues, technical or legal, related to Discussion Groups, Ideas, and Showcase that are received directly or escalated by the Contact Center or other departments. Manage process for issues and maintains records of customer services inquiries, follow up, and resolution.
- Develop strategies to increase utilization and engagement conversation for online tools. Serve as the subject matter expert during organization-wide meetings and initiatives such as Rotary Citation, trainings, and system upgrades. Leverage platforms for secretariat initiatives, such as Miles to End Polio. Ensure synergy between activities and the RI Strategic Plan, Project Enhancement Initiative, Philanthropy, and Rotary Grants.
- Monitor user-generated content on the three platforms to ensure that they are safe online environments and engaging colleagues in the appropriate business areas as needed. Manage project suspensions as necessary. Serve as the primary point of contact for staff moderators of RI-groups in the community and manage RI staff expectations with regard to pushing content.
- Log technical issues and ensure timely and effective resolution. Represent the end user to the technical team.
- Work with the Rotary Service and Engagement Manager and the Product Owner, Project Tools to implement product roadmaps including an adoption and enhancement strategy for the suite of online tools, keeping in mind the needs of customer-facing departments (e.g. Programs for Young Leaders, Grants, Club and District Support, Learning and Development, Membership, Alumni, Fund Development, Communications).
- Support Product Owner, Project Tools during user feedback sessions and gather feedback from stakeholders on an ongoing basis to clearly understand their needs and pain points.
- Identify key messages and develop targeted communications and marketing strategies to respond to trends (regional, topical, etc.) and customer needs. Work with key communications staff and Rotary Service and Engagement Communications Specialist to ensure consistency in voice and key messages.
- Work with Manager and PLK product team to establish SMART metrics for tool engagement and retention.
- Identify, develop, and foster relationships with active, engaged community members and work with them to attract and engage new members.
- Work with the Product Owner, Project Tools to track usage data and relevant variables on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis. This can include conducting user surveys and creating reports with our business intelligence software. Analyze data and prepare and reports as appropriate, to be shared with key staff and Rotarian stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Web Department/Digital Communications for content management related to the Rotary Service and Engagement online tools.
- In consultation with Learning and Development, develop interactive training tools/materials user guides/manuals for tool geared at internal and external users.
- Serve as back-up to other Programs staff during busy periods and staff absences, as assigned. At times assist with queries on Rotary Service and Engagement department activities.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; 3+ years work experience in an office environment supporting digital tools and end users preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; high attention to detail and commitment to accuracy; firm commitment to provide excellent customer service to internal/external contacts.
- Experience using social media tools such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Experience with query and analysis tools.
- Project management experience - must be able to develop processes, manage multiple priorities, while working under time constraints, with autonomy.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and detail-minded; able to take direction and work independently while keeping Rotary’s priorities and product parameters in mind.
- Collaborative and creative approach to developing solutions with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a volunteer-led organization and adapt to a changing environment.
- Multicultural experience and proficiency in a second language preferred; familiarity with the international and community development fields helpful.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.