Job Title: Manager, Shared Services / BPO
Area: Data Services - Operations and Administration
Reports to: Director, Operations and Administration
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
This position leads the Data Services team, responsible primarily for ensuring Rotary’s myriad data processing needs are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner. This includes managing multiple teams – onshore and offshore – in meeting performance metrics for cycle time, quality, and volume as well as leading internal client relations. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with staff, vendors and/or volunteers with regard to magazine circulation and governance activities. Your contribution will serve to support Rotary International's mission and strategic objectives by ensuring data integrity across numerous platforms and databases relating to members, clubs, donors, programs, meetings and finances.
You Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in administration, IT, accounting/finance or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 7-10-year experience, with minimum 5 years managing, in a high-volume, complex and matrixed business environment – preferably using offshore, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) resources
- Prior experience using enterprise association management (AMS) and/or customer relationship management (CRM) as well as financial systems
- Experience with international payments and currencies, nonprofit membership and/or fundraising transactions, particularly as interfaced with client-facing applications
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills
- Effective problem solving and project management abilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Leading matrixed teams across time zones
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Prioritizing workload (for self and teams)
- Showing attention to detail
- Making decisions
You Will Be Responsible For
- Your key responsibility on a daily basis is to ensure data is processed according to policies and procedures established by the Rotary International Board of Directors and the Rotary Foundation Trustees.
- Creating, maintaining, annually renewing and revising as appropriate, and publishing companywide service level agreements, procedures manuals, and response priorities for Data Services.
- Ensuring work processing between Evanston and Pune offices remains seamless and supportive of SLA metrics.
- Acting as escalation point for issues or risks to Data Services performance and actively pursues mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Collaborating with relevant business units and IT on enterprise-wide projects related to database upgrades, migrations, enhancements, etc.
- Producing aggregate and detail reports on the performance of the Data Services team for distribution to Executive management and Rotary Senior Leaders.
- Mentoring team members and uses the company performance management processes as a tool for measuring, developing and improving staff performance.
- You will be act as the Circulation Manager for The Rotarian magazine; preparing the semi-annual Magazine Publisher's Statements for USPS and handling the annual audit from Alliance for Audited Media (AAM).
- In your role as Manager, Data Services, you will be responsible for managing the Rotary International Convention Credentials Committee activities (including pre-meeting credential distribution and onsite booth support).
- You will also oversee support of Rotary’s authorized data integration vendors, year-round and in person at the International Assembly.
- Plans and executes both on-site and off-site business continuity activities for data relations operations. Assesses plans against current environment and recommends investment opportunities to mitigate operational risk; develops an optimal recovery plan and works with IT operations and clients to implement the plan.
Other duties as assigned
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, working with Rotary’s customers on inquiries, leading department meetings, working on special projects, and testing system updates.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options