Job Title: Manager, Design
Area: Global Communications & Design
Reports to: Director, Global Communications & Design
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Are you passionate about development and implementation of visual solutions? The Design manager is a leader who inspires creative excellence to advance Rotary’s strategic initiatives and grow our brand.
Are you excited about concept development, branding and visual design, being able to design and also lead a world class team of designers?
Are you an innovator and committed leader who can inspire and elevate storytelling through visual representation?
Your contribution will serve to provide strategic leadership, and craft art direction and design for deliverables such as brochures, presentations, displays, tradeshow exhibits, digital assets, signage, identity systems, illustrations, and more.
You Will Have
- Absolute mastery of visual design and concept creation
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- 5 years of experience in art direction, creative direction and leading a team of creatives
- Sophisticated understanding of brand, color theory, typography, and composition
- Solid organizational skills with ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently
- Ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy under tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm and passion for creative and operational excellence, and measurable results
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence in pitching ideas
- Strong global perspective and multi-cultural sensitivity
- High values of collaboration within and across functions of the organization
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- Hands-on understanding of multi-page, multi-product materials, promotional print materials, catalog, direct mail, and digital marketing
- Solid skills to pro-actively identify problems with projects or within project/team and apply solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in branding and logo identity
- High-quality portfolio that demonstrates design, brand and digital campaign expertise
- Experience in design solutions to multiple locations around the world or culturally diverse audiences
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Public speaking
- Showing attention to detail
- Making decisions
- Managing projects
- Inspiring other creative professionals
You Will Be Responsible For
- Lead, and inspire the Design team, promoting continual creative improvement and actively contributing to a culture of creative excellence.
- Create and maintain a creative, flexible and collaborative atmosphere and culture.
- Oversee and participate in the design, development and execution of internal and external creative initiatives for online, offline, digital media, print and other assigned projects.
- Lead the team in delivering work that is globally relevant, on-strategy, on-budget and on-time.
- Manage individual projects, adhering to deadlines and workflow processes.
- Define and evolve the creative design process, and ensure successful processes are developed and followed.
- Hold self and the team accountable for the work by setting expectations, achieving commitments, providing feedback, and evaluating effectiveness
- Create and direct a wide range of ideas to ensure the creative execution supports the brand strategy.
- Transform the organization goals into effective and compelling creative visual solutions.
- Maintain creative standards of quality and consistency of brand for all initiatives.
- Stand up for the quality of the creative output, even in the face of adversity.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders to translate needs and business goals into engaging design solutions.
- Work with others in creative leadership to establish and implement best practices, and evangelize creative services across the organization.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team and other teams in Communications to develop design to inform, educate, motivate and engage internal and external audiences to support our global community.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options