Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Area: Financial Services
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and supports the Finance Management Team. You will be responsible for coordinating the work of 2 administrative assistants to prepare various financial presentations for committees, the Board, and the Trustees. You will also be responsible for producing work using research, current data, and future trends to support the Finance Management Team. Your contribution will serve to support Rotary International's mission and strategic objectives by ensuring that all key deliverables are on time as required.
Bachelor’s Degree required
5 to 7 years or more of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with basic financial vocabulary and communications
- Highly organized, flexible and able to plan in advance
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and define problems, recommend and/or implement solutions
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals, at all levels of the organization and provide specific assistance to Rotary’s senior leaders as requested
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong research skills and the ability to organize, research, report, and make recommendations
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with a focus on deadlines and project deliverables
- Maintains confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Word, Excel webinar software, pdf skills(Foxit Phantom/Adobe),
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Sharepoint; webinar software: and survey software; Vizio for process mapping
- On-board and train Administrative Assistants as needed
- Weekly or bi-weekly meetings as needed to ensure that key deliverables are being generated
- Circulate a monthly calendar of key deliverables and vacations to the CFO's finance manager team
- Establish the committee dates with the President and the TRF Chair
- Attend Finance Managers meetings – take minutes and follow up with individuals on their deliverables
- Serve as Administrator for the finance team sites and workgroups
- Present monthly or bi-monthly at CFO’s manager’s meeting on key dates and resource concerns
- Provide input regarding the performance of the other two Administrative Assistants
- Create standard templates for team sites/work groups
- Create/update departmental filing system – where possible create similarities across various departments (longer-term)
- Organize annual Board and Trustee Training in coordination with Corporate Services
- Establish a meeting for the Finance Managers to review the materials and get alignment and responsibility for updating
- Coordinate the final materials with the CFO and finance management team and deliver to Corporate Services
Other Shared Duties with Administrative Assistants
- Set up the meeting dates either on site or at the needed locale – make sure that arrangements have been made for travel, hotel, meeting space, translation, Chairman’s dinner, breaks, minute takers, etc.
- Update the official committee lists and ensure that all Finance Management Team has access to the updated lists
- Coordinate the updating of committee, Board and Trustee training materials with the relevant finance managers
- Work with CFO and other team members to ensure that the agendas are prepared and discussed with the various Committee Chairmen and materials are circulated to the committee before the meeting
- Ensure that webinars are successful – establish the meetings, run the webinar technology, assist in trouble shooting with members who are having difficulty
- Ensure that meeting minutes are prepared and reviewed by the CFO, liaison and agenda item presenter, circulated to the Chairman, updated/changed and then circulated to the full committee membership
- Create annual meeting template and update with follow-up from prior meeting
- Act as the site admin for the various work groups
- RI Finance Committee
- TRF Finance Committee
- Risk Advisory Committee
- Rotary Retirement Committee
- Investment Committee
- Draft Board and Trustee items, financial impact statements, and background materials and exhibits related to the Finance Committee and Investment committee meetings
- Initiate, develop, and coordinate PowerPoint presentations for the Finance team
- Coordinate and prepare financial publications (including budget books, investment booklets, advance memorandums)
- Collect data required to update and/or create financial presentations or analysis
- Coordinate assembly, posting on team sites, and distribution of Committee meeting materials
- Maintain and update Finance portal pages to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Develop surveys as required by Finance management, and prepares summary outcomes and draft conclusions/recommendations
- Coordinate completion of the annual report with financial managers
- Monitor monthly management responsibility reports and assists in preparing variance explanations for department cost centers and committees
- Assist managers in development and maintenance of policies and procedures for budgeting and reporting activities, departmental production/process activities.
- Coordinate the collection of other charities and NFP’s annual reports, financial statements and 990’s for comparing/contrasting to Rotary’s results
- Coordinate and supports budget meetings throughout budget season
- Create bank documentation to support changes in signature, open new accts, etc.
- Make bank deposits
- Take documents to requisite consulate, notary, etc. for legalization
- Work with Associate Foundation group to support various Board meetings
- Order supplies as needed for financial services
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
No direct reports, but will coordinate the work of two Administrative Assistants
As assigned including RI Finance Committee budgets, TRF Investment Committee, Defined Benefit Review Committee and Investment Budget preparation
Financial Management Team will be the primary contact. In assisting with committee, Board and Trustee meetings this individual be in contact with GS, GM’s and all Directors.
Rotary Senior Leaders, members of finance-related committees, Cushman & Wakefield staff, Novotex (printing), Eurest (catering), Bank suppliers, Auditors
PC, photocopier, calculator, webinar
- Collaboration - Build partnerships and work with others to meet shared objectives.
- Presence - Demonstrate composure and confidence.
- Accountability - Have a clear sense of ownership and take personal responsibility for actions.
- Productivity - Achieve results that move Rotary toward achieving its goals.
- Communication – Be open to receiving ideas from diverse viewpoints and able to communicate messages so that they are universally understood.
- Engagement - Foster relationships by hearing, recognizing, and valuing others.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options