Job Title: Manager - IT Enterprise Security
Area: IT Operations & Infrastructure
Reports to: Manager, Operations & Infrastructure
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Rotary International seeks a Manager of IT Enterprise Security. This is a highly technical role that will be primarily responsible for the design and management of security systems, the management of security service providers, and the maintenance of our systems’ security integrity. You will achieve this by working with your Infrastructure peers to plan and execute security projects and to manage security service providers. You are tasked with securing Rotary’s environment by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, and safeguarding highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security or systems engineering. This role will also be responsible for the creation of an ongoing training program to educate staff on security principles.
The ITES Manager will join a cross-functional team of diverse staff at Rotary world headquarters, working with IT staff and management in our Evanston location as well as our remote technology staff and leaders in our India office.
Profile for Success
A positive outcome for this position is the successful delivery of initiatives that will secure Rotary's environment and the management of information security providers.
Relevance to Mission
This position exists to ensure the security of the technology supporting Rotary International staff and the global Rotary community.
Efficacy and Autonomy
The candidate in this position must work independently, setting individual goals and deadlines to achieve the necessary goals of the position. With minimal direction, the ITES Manager must deliver security initiatives on time and ensure that all security operations are managed effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 7+ equivalent work experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes
- Hands on experience in security systems, including: firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Understanding of compliance standards ISO 27000 and ISO 9001.
- One or more of the following certifications is a plus:
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
- ISSAP – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
- ISSEP – Information Systems Security Engineering Professional
General Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Excellent prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio and Project.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Expertise in security solutions including: anti-virus software, endpoint tools, malicious code, intrusion detection, data loss prevention, firewalls, cloud platforms and content filtering,
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks effectively.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and detailed oriented individual with the ability to collaborate with other teams with an attention to detail.
Specific Tasks and Duties
- System Design and Implementation:
- Advise on security policies.
- Develop and maintain security procedures.
- Develop a security awareness training program for Rotary staff.
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach.
- Architect and oversee the selection and implementation of security solutions.
- Implement tools to assist in detection, prevention, and analysis of security threats.
- Working with System Architects and IT Operations to define, build, and maintain Business Continuity Plans and DR strategy.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business data, transmitted internally and externally.
- Maintenance and Operations:
- Perform regular vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance.
- Monitor networks and systems for security breaches, through the use of software that detects intrusions and anomalous system behavior.
- Lead incident response and conduct forensic analysis on security incidents.
- Continuous review of current systems for improvement.
- Team Leadership and Management:
- Understand the business strategy and goals and manage system engineers by assigning tasks to achieve those goals.
- Provide clear communications and set expectations for team members. Make data-driven decisions and prioritize work.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of security threats and technologies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
This position works from Rotary International World Headquarters in Evanston, IL, and involves minor travel to international offices as needed.
- Communication – Be open to receiving ideas from diverse viewpoints and able to communicate messages so that they are universally understood.
- Collaboration - Build partnerships and work with others to meet shared objectives.
Strategy – Identify Rotary’s opportunities and design approaches that align with our strategic goals.
Global Perspective – Anticipate trends in the global humanitarian sector to focus Rotary’s efforts appropriately.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options