Job Title: Director - IT Infrastructure and Architecture
Area: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Rotary International seeks a Director of IT - Infrastructure and Architecture who will be responsible for the planning and management of IT delivery, including infrastructure and architecture initiatives. The Director will ensure the quality and timely delivery of technology efforts in support of strategic infrastructure projects and ongoing maintenance of infrastructure. An additional area of responsibility will be to modernize Rotary’s architecture.
The Director will join a cross-functional team of diverse staff at Rotary world headquarters, working with IT staff and management in our Evanston location as well as our remote technology staff and leaders in our India office.
You Will Have
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture and experience leading migration of an on-premise data center to the cloud
- Hands on experience with multiple Agile projects
- Experience leading and managing global infrastructure and operations.
- Routine interaction with leadership from all functional groups and involvement in product development and support
- Definition of high quality and sustainable Infrastructure technical architecture.
- Service technical oversight and governance
- Establish business relationships with a variety of teams across the organization including Development, QA, Operations, and Product to ensure that IT infrastructure requirements are delivered as part of the product development lifecycle.
- Develop policies and procedures for operational processes in order to ensure compliance with established standards and regulations, such as GDPR, PCI etc.
- Annual budget planning, acquisition and cost control
- Establishing and maintaining vendor and partner relationships including negotiating contracts
- History managing remote / off-shore resources
- Working knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery concepts (DevOps)
- Mentor, find and retain a best in class team to enhance our capabilities and deliver our solutions.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks effectively
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player, self-motivated and detailed oriented individual
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Showing attention to detail
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Prioritizing workload
- Making decisions
- Personnel management and growth of technical leadership
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
You Will Be Responsible For
- IT Infrastructure Management: Oversee the management of Rotary infrastructure. 8+ years of demonstrable experience in managing technology teams involved in complex infrastructure. Successful and demonstrable track record of infrastructure datacenter build-out, co-location, cloud, compute, storage, network and telecommunications projects. 5 + years’ experience of management of large enterprise scale infrastructures across Compute, Storage and Networking verticals
- IT Operations: Implement on a global level incident and problem management concepts to all areas of Infrastructure management. Knowledge of ITIL foundations and concepts would be advantageous
- Leadership: Must be able to demonstrate leadership of infrastructure change and transformation programs. Work with other IT leaders to develop team specific strategic roadmaps, performance metrics, career paths, etc. Develop communications and present regularly on behalf of IT to improve transparency and relationships within Rotary International. Manage overall IT Infrastructure budget, reviewing contracts and legal agreements, and protecting Rotary International interests. Manage all 3rd party relationships related to IT Infrastructure. Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills with a results-oriented mindset. People leadership skills, experienced in building a productive environment enabling career growth, development, hiring and retention of a talented engineering team.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options