Job Title: Motion Graphics Specialist/Video Editor
Reports to: Senior Editor/Team Lead
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The Motion Graphics Specialist/Video Editor supports the Visual Media team, responsible for creating visual content for the web, social media, and live events for Rotary International. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively to edit creative video content and concept/design motion graphics from storyboarding to animation. Your contribution will serve to creatively tell the Rotary story.
The Motion Graphics Specialist/Video Editor serves a hybrid function and seamlessly moves between editor and motion designer roles. The Motions Graphics Specialist/Video Editor must be comfortable in non-linear storytelling and familiar with a variety motion design techniques including using both 2D and 3D elements in both 2D and 3D space. As technology in the motion graphics space regularly evolves, this person must be committed to continued innovation and discovery.
This position works in a highly collaborative environment where they will regularly interact with fellow designers, project coordinators, the senior video editor (editing team lead), producers and department executives.
You Will Have
- BA/BS in journalism, film, communications or vocational equivalent in related field required
- 5 years experience with motion graphics film/video production house, agency or in-house environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere and Photoshop and in at least one 3D motion design tool such as Cinema 4D or similar.
You Are Good At
- Strong oral communication skills and a sophisticated understanding of what should be communicated to various audiences
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to independently manage deadlines, juggle priorities and synthesize multiple sources of input while effectively communicating and prioritizing information
- Understanding of broadcast and digital distribution best practices including technical aspects of production.
You Are Open To
- Innovation – Move Rotary beyond traditional ways of thinking.
- Collaboration - Build partnerships and work with others to meet shared objectives.
- Adaptability – Respond to changes willingly and recognize when to adjust based on the situation.
- Productivity - Achieve results that move Rotary toward achieving its goals.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Demonstrates the ability to think conceptually and strategically.
- Organize and maintain video files.
- Assign, monitor, and direct workflow by setting daily, weekly and long term project goals.
- Works with producers in pre-production to help identify key characters in the field, shape narrative content and define shot list and collaboratively in post-production to deliver content that meets brand standards.
- Acts as liaison between Digital Video and Marketing Departments; acts as motion translator.
- Ability to create motion story boards from text only client treatments with and without existing assets; comfortable with fast turn story boarding projects.
- Be able to provide rationale for design solutions and how they support the projects objectives.
- Work independently or with a small team throughout all phases of motion design and realization. Work in close collaboration with producers, designers, marketing managers and Art Director throughout all phases of project development.
- Knowledge of various social media platforms and how to use video to engage with different audiences.
- Direct the effort of and contribute to creating clear and detailed motion design process per recommendations and requests. Conceptualize original ideas and/or translate existing concepts into composited motion graphics and video animations utilizing industry standard design 2D and 3D software. Take ownership of the animation creative process in the post production environment.
- Participate in the ideation of new content and illustrate them through rich interactive demonstrations and document them. Display an exceptional sense of visual design passion for the animation field and a clear interest in motion graphics and related new technology.
- Exhibits the highest creative and technical levels in all aspects of work presentation process and end product. Present ideas and solutions to diverse functional roles.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options
You Will Be Responsible For