Job Title: Senior Supervisor, Senior Leader Support
Area: Senior Leader Support
Reports to: Manager, Senior Leader Support
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Responsible for supervision of all matters related to the administrative and financial support of the RI Directors, TRF Chair and Chair-elect, Trustees and Past RI Presidents. Responsible for the facilities and hospitality events for all Senior Leaders. Supervision, in cooperation with other appropriate areas of the organization, of all matters related to the Presidential offices, condominiums, and automobiles. Assists Manager in overall administration of Senior Leader Support.
Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Good management, communication and administrative skills essential.
- Must have familiarity with the workings of Rotary and Rotary Senior Leaders.
- Must possess cultural awareness and be able to work under deadline pressure.
- Must have superior writing skills, ability to proof-read and edit.
- Good computer system skills required and familiarity with NetForum a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately. Good time management skills.
- Must have budgeting experience and financial experience
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual abilities a plus.
- Manages day-to-day administration of budgets for RI Board of Directors and TRF Trustees including expenses for the TRF Chair and TRF Chair-elect.
- Manages all aspects of support for the RI directors, TRF trustees and Past RI Presidents, including but not limited to monitoring the use of director allocation funds, tracking expenses relating to board and trustee meetings, supporting their attendance at the International Assembly, International Convention and Council on Legislation
- Assists directors, trustees, and past RI presidents with travel arrangements through RITS, as required
- Manages all aspects of support for the TRF Trustee Chair, and Chair-elect including but not limited to providing assistance and principal administrative support in creating and maintaining their meeting schedules when in the office, arranging appointments, handling correspondence, managing the details of their calendars and travel planning.
- Facilitates good communication between the TRF Chair and Chair-elect with the President/elect, the general secretary, other RI/TRF officers and secretariat staff members.
- Monitors and tracks TRF Chair and Chair-elect expenses to ensure they are within their budgets and compliant with TRF Code of Policy.
- Oversees budget preparation for past RI presidents, non-meeting expenses for directors and trustees, monthly responsibility report review and year-end close
- In conjunction with Facilities, oversees the year-end process for packing and shipping the outgoing president’s personal effects from Evanston to his home, ensuring safe and cost effective delivery of all items and with local customs to ensure the safe and legal return of goods overseas
- Oversees the logistics and event planning for social functions involving senior leaders and their spouses
- Supports the annual Council of Past Presidents meeting
- Oversees all aspects of the condolence process for the death of past RI officer including condolence message for family from President, selection of representative on behalf of RI President at services, travel arrangements for the representative, and flowers arrangements
- Oversees all mass communications sent by or on behalf of current RI/TRF officers and GS
- Assists with orientation of directors-elect and incoming trustees
- Works with Coordinators in packing and preparation of manifests for materials to the International Assembly and Convention
- Oversees the household management tasks and other activities needed to support the officers while living in Evanston
- Supervises all matters related to cell phones for the TRF and RI Officers, Presidential condominiums.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally if assigned. Supervises support staff in conjunction with above listed responsibilities
- Performs other duties and special projects and provides back-up support to the manager
Five to seven years of writing and administrative experience required. Supervisory experience strongly preferred. International experience helpful.
Directly supervises three employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Primary responsibility for budgets relating to the Presidents, RI directors, Foundation trustees, and past RI presidents.
All members of secretariat staff worldwide
Directors, trustees, past RI presidents, past directors, past trustees, current and past district governors and other Rotarians
Personal computer, fax machine, telephone, other forms of electronic media