Job Title: Business Information Analyst
Area: Business Information
Reports to: Product Manager - Business Intelligence
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
The Business Information Analyst ensures that the business reporting needs are properly analyzed and are correctly reflected in the approach the team adopts in order to generate the envisioned solution. The Business Information Analyst is responsible for capturing business requirements, communicating business requirements and context to an offshore development team, collaborating with the offshore development team to create report prototypes, review test scenarios and configure or build a solution that meets business needs. The Business Information Analyst also mentors staff to enable self-service reporting.
Characteristics of the successful candidate
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- A positive, team oriented attitude with confident leadership abilities.
- The ability to build and maintain positive professional relationships with project stakeholders.
- A commitment to customer satisfaction with quality products or services.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of project leadership experience - preferably in data analysis and analytics.
- Advanced degree (e.g. Master’s, MBA, etc.).
- Experience working on international projects.
- Experience working with remote project teams.
Knowledge and Skills
This position must have knowledge of leading custom reporting initiatives. The BI Analyst must be able to develop and manage development and implementation plans according to Rotary International’s project management framework. Other applicable knowledge and skills are:
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of stakeholders, both in verbal and written modes; able to pay close attention to detail.
- Possess a high degree of personal integrity and strong work ethic and be proficient in delivering sustained results in dynamic environments.
- Strong data warehousing and data analysis skills with a good understanding of star schemas, OLAP, and other business intelligence concepts. Experience analyzing source system data, defining KPIs, and helping to enable self-service reporting by documenting key business processes, data flows, and related enterprise master data metadata.
- Ability to proactively manage risk and influence others.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including a positive and professional attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Business Objects or similar BI platform.
- Educating users on BI functionality through structured training sessions and open forum workshops.
- Works with business roles from various levels within the organization.
- Facilitates sessions with Business Roles to capture requirements in the form of User Stories.
- Crystallizes Acceptance Criteria on requirements.
- Interprets business requirements and collaborates with the offshore development team to build models & options.
- Communicates the context to the offshore development and Quality Assurance (QA) teams.
- Responsible for frequently communicating the model and the evolving solution, in the form of options and demos to the business roles, to ensure that they address the business need.
- Ensures coverage for offshore QA team’s test scenarios for functional and technical testing – the solution must be fit for purpose.
- Aids in User Acceptance Testing.
- Aids in the project planning process by developing a list of tasks & estimates.
- Supports the development of the business training curriculum.
- Educates users on BI functionality through structured training sessions and open forum workshops.
- Works with business and technical roles to establish tools to measure success criteria.
- Responsible for capturing the business definition of key metrics and documenting the data in the universes.
- May aid in the creation of business policies and procedures.
This position is responsible for developing project costs utilizing current metrics, and may be asked to assist in annual budgeting.
Regular contact with the following contacts will be necessary
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- IT Resources, specifically Team Leads
- Business area representatives