Job Title: System Engineer III – Network & Telecom (Pune Office)
Area: IT Delivery
Reports to: Manager II Application Development, IT Delivery
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
24X5 (Rotational shifts) and on call
Desired Education & Profile
- Graduation or Higher (Additional Certifications will be advantage)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of LAN/WAN principals and technologies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent work experience in a predominately Cisco network infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with network technology solutions, including: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Palo Alto firewalls, F5 load balancers and Meraki full stack knowledge are a plus.
- Experience in programming and scripting languages such as python for automation and working with API’s is a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications is a plus:
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- CCNP – Routing and Switching certification
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks effectively.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and detailed oriented individual with the ability to collaborate with other teams with an attention to detail.
General Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Excellent prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio and Project.
- Expertise in designing secure LAN/WAN solutions architectures.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Expertise in designing secure networks architectures.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES
- System Design and Implementation:
- Ensure the availability of business data, transmitted internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain repeatable task procedures.
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from system outages.
- Architect and oversee the selection and implementation of LAN/WAN solutions.
- Implement tools to assist in detection, prevention, and analysis of system outages.
- Working with System Architects and IT Operations to define, build, and maintain Business Continuity Plans and DR strategy.
Maintenance and Operations:
- Perform regular hardware maintenance and software/solution assessments.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network & security products.
- Troubleshoot network related problems.
- Monitor networks and systems for system uptime, through the use of monitoring software that detects anomalous system behavior.
- Establishes, implements and maintains network policies and procedures.
- Lead incident response and conduct root cause analysis on incidents.
- Continuous review of current systems for improvement.