Job Title: DevOps Administrator (Pune Office)
Area: IT Operations and Infrastructure
Reports to: Manager II - Business Systems, Architecture & Infrastructure
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
DevOps Engineer should work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy Rotary applications and
operate systems. He/she should help in automating and streamlining operations and deployment processes,
build and maintain tools for deployment and monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve issues in Dev, Test, UAT and
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in DevOps/ Infrastructure, Test Automation and Development
- Graduate/ Post Graduate from any field having DevOps background along with software development.
- BE, MCA, M.SC. (Computer Science), MCA is preferred.
- Sound exposure to Windows and Linux OS and accomplish necessary tasks for selected
- Should be able to validate that the environment meets all Security, Compliance Controls and SSL/
- Deploy software and should have knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up,
always-available service, Loadbalancers
- Experience with source control revision tools – GIT, BitBucket, TFS, SVN
- Experience with Atlassian products like Bitbucket, JIRA
- Good exposure to any scripting language which can be used to automate routine tasks using
Shell/Python/Perl/Ruby scripting languages
- Experience with automation/ configuration management using either TeamCity/Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Experience in Continuous Integration (preferably using TeamCity and GIT or JENKINS)
Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Oracle
Cloud/Azure is required)
- An idea of different post production health monitoring solutions and how it fits into the DevOps
scope using NewRelic, Docker, Nexus etc.
- Support the continuous integration and release process of in-house, micro-service-based cloud
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools
- Design and Develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Support integration scenarios with other in-house and applications
- Ensure landscape availability, performance and stability (dev, pipeline, demo, live systems)
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance and operability in mind
- Investigate and evaluate new tools and DevOps technologies
- Design and manage monitoring and alerting systems for Dashboard for raising notifications on-time
in CI/CD/Release pipeline
Additional Job Description
Knowledge and Skills
- Defect Tracking / Ticket Management Tool – JIRA, ITSD
- Servers Provisioning Technologies – Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud
- Source Code Management Tools – Git, BitBucket, TFS, SVN
- CI/CD/ Release Tools – TeamCity, Kubernates, Chef, Puppet, Octopus Deploy or equivalent
- Monitoring Tools – New Relic, Nagios
- On call support experience preferable
- Take ownership of technical issues and make himself/ herself available during escalations.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently with leadership skills as well in teams