Job Title: Learning Technology Coordinator
Area: Learning and Development
Reports to: Supervisor, Learning Technology
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Collaborates with others in the Learning Resources department to support online learning via the Learning Management System (LMS) which is available in eight different languages with courses offered in over 20 different languages. Responsibilities include creating and updating e-learning content, coordinating webinars, consulting with Rotarians who create e-learning content, and analyzing data on distance learning activities.
You Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum two years related job experience strongly preferred. \
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems and webinar software.
- Knowledge of instructional design.
- Facilitation skills to conduct effective training in person and online.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills essential.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Capacity to multi-task and integrate knowledge on multiple, complex projects.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Non-English language skills or cross-cultural experience is helpful.
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Taking direction and display initiative
- Proactively seeking out and learning new distance learning technology.
- Working well under pressure
- Interacting with all levels of organization
You Will Be Responsible For
The Learning Management System:
- Knowing all the functionality of the LMS and consulting with staff on the best way to meet their learning objectives.
- Maintaining the LMS in eight languages.
- Creating online courses, uploading course content, organizing content, and assisting with promotion of courses in the LMS.
- Communicating with LMS vendor about technical issues and software features.
- Consulting with content owners to guide content and structure of e-learning courses.
- Incorporating feedback to improve the current structure of offerings.
- Running reports and providing analysis.
eLearning Partner Program:
- Managing a program for volunteers who create courses in the LMS, including consulting on best practices.
- Coordinating and conducting training and regular support for volunteers.
Webinars and videos:
- Serving as project manager and providing logistical support for Rotary webinars.
- Assisting staff who want to create and edit videos or webinars.
- Responding to inquiries about distance learning.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Working some evenings required.
- Collaboration - Builds partnerships and works jointly with others to meet shared objectives.
- Adaptability - Responds to changes willingly and recognizes when to adjust behavior based on the needs of the situation.
- Accountability - Has a clear sense of ownership and takes personal responsibility for actions.
- Productivity - Able to generate results that moves Rotary toward achieving its goals.
- Communication - Delivers and receives information using a diverse expression of ideas to ensure messages are clear, concise, and understood.
Why Work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options