Job Title: Public Image Specialist
Area: Member Support - Regional Leader Support
Reports to: Associate Manager, Regional Leader Support
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Provides expert support and guidance to the Rotary public image coordinators (RPICs), a worldwide network of executive-level Rotary volunteers dedicated to enhancing Rotary’s public image. Day-to-day responsibilities include communications, resource development and training, reporting and evaluation, and financial administration. The specialist delivers outstanding customer service, helps to improve business processes, engages volunteers in efforts to promote Rotary’s public image, and facilitates collaboration among these volunteers, other groups of Rotary volunteers, and staff.
You Will Have
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Two or more years’ experience working marketing, communications, and/or volunteer management
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Qualtrics, CRM, Sharepoint, and/or Adestra preferred
- Effective problem solving abilities, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience working with global, multicultural audiences
- Knowledge of media relations, branding, and/or digital and social media
- Understanding of communications strategic planning and measurement
- Proactive approach to professional development, on-the-job training, and skill enhancement
- Fluency in other languages
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Showing attention to detail
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Prioritizing your workload, managing multiple priorities, and performing under pressure
- Making decisions
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills and a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to monitor budgets
- Working collaboratively with a team and other stakeholders on projects
You Will Be Responsible For
- You will serve as first point of contact for all correspondence with all Rotary public image coordinators (RPICs) and assistants worldwide and offer expert counsel on achieving annual goals, provide up-to-date information on global public image initiatives, resources, and resolve administrative issues.
- You will develop, revise, and distribute resource materials, provide in-person and distance support for trainings, and contribute to Regional Leader Support resources and publications.
- You will support the curriculum development, appointment and onboarding process, and on-site support of the annual training for incoming RPICs, and work with colleagues to assess and respond to volunteer needs for training and communications.
Reporting and Evaluation
- You will be responsible for the development of RPIC annual goals, reports, and use Qualtrics to analyze qualitative and quantitative trends. Additionally, you will be able to identify and resolve questions or concerns noted on reports, track progress toward goals submitted by RPICs, prepare report summaries for distribution, and promote RPIC successes and best practices across Rotary communication channels.
- You will be able to provide monitor budgets, and process expense statements in accordance with department and organizational guidelines. Additionally, you can strategize with and counsel volunteers to ensure effective use of funds.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to: identify and implement changes to improve business processes and projects for the Regional Leader Support team, ensure all RPIC data (terms, regions, etc.) is accurate in Rotary-managed systems, implement or contribute to departmental projects as assigned, and have the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally at least once annually.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options