Job Title: Exhibition Sales and Operations Specialist
Area: Meetings and Events
Reports to: Manager, Meetings Logistics
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The exhibition hall at the International Convention is called the House of Friendship (HOF) and it is made up of different types of exhibitors including but not limited to: Rotary International house booths, Rotary partners and special interest groups, non-profit organizations, licensed vendors, and commercial exhibits.
The position is responsible for leading the exhibit booth sales, exhibitor management, exhibit hall design, and operational support for the Rotary International Convention, the International Assembly, and other RI meetings as assigned.
Manage all House of Friendship (HOF) exhibition hall planning, operations, and financial management including: project plan and timeline management, floorplan design and management, RI show management booth design and management, HOF graphics and signage planning. Works collaboratively with host organization Committee for HOF planning and onsite management (through 2022 convention). Similar activities will be required to support a smaller exhibit at the International Assembly.
This position will develop the strategy to sell, or outsource, commercial exhibits in the HOF beginning in 2023.
Demonstrates an attitude of professionalism, service and collaboration with the Meetings and Events team, the RI Secretariat and the community at large in support of the Secretariat and Rotary International’s Strategic Plan and Mission.
Works on multiple events simultaneously, contributes to a collaborative, team-oriented working environment across many department lines
You Will Have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience implementing sales strategy and coordinating sales effort Experience communicating with consultants and vendors, especially setting expectations, and driving project execution.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities with attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with third party suppliers from RFP to service delivery
- Knowledge of domestic and international shipping logistics procedures
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft software
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work in an international environment.
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Knowledge of design and/or event management software desirable.
- CEM, CMP, or related certification
You Are Good At
- Consultative selling style
- Project and supplier management
- Written and oral communication
- Showing attention to detail
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Prioritizing workload
- Making decisions
You Will Be Responsible For
Exhibition Sales and Operations
- Determine allocation of exhibit space for host organizations, Rotary Global Networking Groups, Rotary Projects, Rotary Cooperative (Strategic Partners) Relationship exhibitors, Committees, special board-approved exhibitors, official merchandise licensees, registration, sponsors, and RI and TRF Secretariat staff. The remaining space in the exhibition hall will be made available for sale to commercial exhibitors.
- Develop and update an exhibit prospectus to promote exhibition to non-profit and for profit organizations.
- Identify prospective sources and leads for the exhibition and sponsorship.
- Track and process all exhibition applications, registration forms, deposits and booth fees.
- Produce invoices and monitors accounts receivable for all event sales. Collaborates with Finance team to track payments.
- Provide customer service to all exhibitors, RI stakeholders, and sponsors. Address questions, assess and resolve issues in an efficient, effective and timely way.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Meeting Planner, and staff stakeholders, design Rotary management booths, graphics, and activities from concept through production
- Work closely with Convention Host Organizations and decorator/general services contractor on House of Friendship arrangements, including decoration and booth allocation.
- Update all website content, produces fact sheets, create and update the Exhibitor Service Manuals and Exhibitor Service Kits for RI meetings.
- Lead all booth activities including certificates of insurance (COI) reporting following up with exhibitors on special event activities within booth or special booth designs to ensure that they are within guidelines.
- Produce exhibitor prospectus, newsletter and communications.
- Participate in site visits, convention and assembly committee meetings working in conjunction with vendors, volunteers and related staff, as required.
- Serve as liaison to the corporate engagement team in fulfillment and execution of sponsorship benefits associated with signage and HOF recognition.
- Initiate the request for proposal, negotiate, and implement the vendor agreement for the decorator/general services contractor and other service providers as assigned.
- Works with registration team to develop registration areas and satellite features.
- Initiate, negotiate and implement vendor agreements for warehousing and shipping.
- Track all orders and invoices for additional and/or unbudgeted on-site expenses including: signage, shipping and decorating.
- In collaboration with ORC operations and the office of the building (Cushman and Wakefield) plan and supervise shipments to and from the convention including customs documentation and clearance and serve as primary liaison with freight forwarder / shipping company.
- Serve as on-site liaison for the shipping vendor and as a liaison to the decorator/general services contractor. Develops delivery schedule and exhibitor move-in and move-out plan.
- Lead shipping to/from Evanston and supervise delivery of materials at convention venues and upon return to One Rotary Center.
- Assist in inventory of materials, flags, and signs stored at the warehouse.
- RFP design, bid analysis and recommendation of the General Services Contractor In-collaboration with the Logistics Manager and Meeting Planner(s).
- Monitor and reforecast budget to ensure expenses remain within budget.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring actual versus budgeted line items and projecting operational budgets for the booth rental revenue, exhibit construction, signage, decorator/general services, freight, and other items accounts within meeting cost centers as assigned.
- Develop and update annual convention exhibitor survey to measure the customer service provided by RI and process data in a statistical report form.
- Prepare monthly reports on area activities and assists in preparation of quarterly reports for the RI Board.
- May aid in preparation of site visit reports, Committee Advance Memoranda, Minutes and Board Items as required.
- Implement Board and Trustee actions as related to responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain resource/historical section files (paper and electronic) for all vendor, exhibits and related logistical items.
- Aid in development of department office manuals, council, convention and assembly manuals.
- Ongoing review and update of SharePoint Project Management tool.
Other duties as assigned
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, special projects and programs.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options