Job Title: Project Coordinator
Area: Member Support - Regional Leader Support
Reports to: Regional Leader Support Manager
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Provides project coordination to a worldwide network of executive-level Rotary leaders who raise funds and major gifts, support member initiatives, promote Rotary, and encourage participation in Foundation programs. Day-to-day responsibilities include implementing team projects; design, building, and data analysis in Qualtrics; overseeing regional leader travel; and supporting communications. The Project Coordinator works closely with team members in Regional Leader Support (RLS), especially the Project Specialist and Senior Engagement Associate, and other areas to improve business processes supporting Rotary leaders who are experts, resources, and trainers in their regions.
You Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in project or volunteer management required
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Capacity to multi-task and integrate knowledge on multiple, complex projects
- Experience with Qualtrics or equivalent survey software, and databases
- Strong analytical skills
- Orientation toward collaborative-based projects and work style
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and databases
- Experience working with global, multicultural audiences
- Experience with broadcast email and budgeting software
You Are Good At
- Implementing projects to meet deadlines
- Multi-tasking and integrating knowledge on multiple, complex projects
- Making decisions based on data
- Being proactive about your work, professional development, on-the-job training and skills enhancement
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills and a positive attitude
- Working collaboratively with a team and other stakeholders
You Will Be Responsible For
- You will execute significant Regional Leader Support (RLS) projects, including but not limited to regional leader anomaly appointments, Qualtrics survey creation and results analysis, assistant coordinator selection, travel request processing, regional leader budgeting, and assist with training participants preparation and follow-up.
- You will serve as a key resource working with the Project Specialist for all RLS projects, including regional leader appointments, onboarding for regional leader appointees, communication projects, expense report review and processing, and year-end expenses and accruals.
- You will work with other RLS colleagues to lead team meetings and project management discussion, assess project process, identify opportunities to streamline and/or eliminate unneeded and/or redundant business processes, assess risks and opportunities, contribute to annual and long-range plans and goals and ensure deliverables are on track.
- You will keep project documentation updated, defining success indicators and risks, identifying resource and other project dependencies, monitoring project progress, advising on communications and messaging, closing out projects, and applying learnings to future projects.
Reporting and Evaluation
- You will be responsible for the analysis of volunteer performance metrics and other related reports using Qualtrics to analyze qualitative and quantitative trends.
- You will monitor budgets, travel expenditures, and process expense statements in accordance with department and organizational guidelines.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to identification and implementation of business process improvements, as well as implementing and contributing to other departmental projects as assigned.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many restaurant options