Job Title: Visitor Coordinator
Area: Member Relations: Rotary Support Center
Reports to: Rotary Support Center Manager
The Visitor Coordinator will have the primary responsibility of delivering world-class customer service to Rotary constituents and other visitors to One Rotary Center. The coordinator will primarily be responsible for facilitating Rotary reception and conference center including, but not limited to Rotary’s reception desk, Rotary store, tours, group visits, conference center and other meeting rooms, as well as provide back-up assistance for Rotary Support Center e-mail and phone. The coordinator will also temporarily assist with switchboard duties until a new phone system is in place.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree, with international experience
- Preferred: Study/work abroad experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Firm commitment to provide world-class customer service to Rotary constituents and visitors.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative and creative approach to providing service.
- Ability to work in a volunteer-led organization.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and detail-minded; able to take direction and work independently.
- Multicultural experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a second language strongly preferred (Spanish or French).
- Direct Rotary constituents and visitors for appointments.
- Coordinate the distribution of items received via courier.
- Receive visitors with appointments and call staff to receive their visitor.
- Request appointments with staff from unscheduled visitors.
- Coordinate and maintain display of Rotary literature, postcards, and other Visitor Center brochures.
- Ensure that coffee machine is on and working with appropriate supplies.
Tours and Group Meetings
- Recruit, train, schedule and annually recognize tour guides.
- Schedule and coordinate Rotary constituent meetings, group visits, and visitor tours with appropriate language guides.
- In consultation with Rotary Archives, provide materials for self-guided tour information.
Conference Center and other Visitor meeting rooms
- Maintain the schedule of appointments for use of the conference center rooms.
- Respond to inquiries regarding availability of conference center rooms.
- Coordinate special requests for use of conference center rooms.
- Coordinate the reservation of conference center rooms with building management (Cushman & Wakefield).
- Update and maintain group meeting information and request form.
- Assist Rotary constituents and visitors with questions, sales and other transactions.
- Recruit and maintain Rotary Store sales team with emphasis on language support.
- Determine inventory needs. Replenish missing items from stock as available.
- Notify cost center manager about low inventory or stock depletion.
- Refresh and organize the display case daily. Refresh the supply of Rotary catalogs. Order additional catalogs as needed.
- Close the Rotary Store on a daily basis.
- Prepare the “Rotary Store Sales Report/Cash Reconciliation” report.
- Retain original daily sales reports. At month’s end, send daily sales report to cost center manager.
Overflow call and e-mail assistance to Rotary Support Center
- Respond to inquiries to Rotary Support Center e-mail and phone calls as assigned.
- Special projects / other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience in customer service role.
- Previous work experience with an international non-government organization (NGO) or training or membership associations helpful.
All Rotary staff
Rotarians; donors; program participants or grant beneficiaries; Cushman and Wakefield Management company, and the general public.
PC, Tablet, or mobile device (including all applicable software), telephone (including Automatic Call Distributor), credit card processing equipment, fax, copier, scanner and printers