Director of Product Management
BrightRoll is looking for an experienced product director to lead our overall product strategy and execution for console products. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work for a well-funded, successful startup acknowledged as the leader and innovator in the video advertising space. This is a key leadership role on the product team, reporting to the VP Product.
The ideal candidate will bring proven product management skills, experience leading major user-facing products, a solid understanding of web technology, and experience with web or mobile advertising or a related domain.
- Maintain our product vision and strategy for our console products, including the BrightRoll Exchange (BRX)
- Work with Engineering, Media, Sales, external partners, and the BrightRoll management team to set product development priorities
- Work closely with User Experience Design and Engineering to bring products to life
- Work with Product Marketing on the go-to-market process. Manage in-market products to ensure success and growth
- Manage product process with external technology partners
- Drive cross-functional initiatives
- Stay current with competitors and the video advertising landscape
- Manage the console product team. Hire and mentor team members
- Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping and sustaining amazing products
- Three or more years experience in product management working directly with user experience design and engineering teams
- Experience in the online ad serving or related space a plus
- BS in a technical or quantitative discipline; MBA a plus
- Experience in managing aggressive and dynamic projects, with competing resources and priorities
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and launch
- Proven track record of developing user stories or product requirement documents (PRDs)
- Experience or familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including contractors
- Business mindset with strong technical skills. Software background highly desirable
- Self-starter with the interest, ability and energy to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bring a great sense of humor and adventure to the workplace!