Laboratory Assistant (1202-39)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
3220 Colerain Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45225
Part Time/ 6:00 am-3:00 pm various days
$18.72 an Hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below.
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in the medical technology field is preferred.
- Two years of laboratory experience is preferred.
- Certification in medical technology preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Performs most functions involved with the in-house drug and alcohol testing of residents for the River City Correctional Center and for the Hamilton County Adult Probation Department.
- Operates the urinalysis analyzer, testing urine samples for toxicology and drugs of abuse.
- Calibrates and maintains laboratory equipment; keeps logs of these procedures.
- Follows guidelines and procedures for urinalysis testing and collection.
- Collects statistics for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Testifies in court.
- Assists in training facility staff in the urinalysis collection process.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility.
- Able to ensure compliance with local, state or federal standards or regulations regarding urinalysis testing and collection
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of standard laboratory operating procedures.
- Knowledge of current urinalysis technology.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, superiors and others.
- Ability to read and prepare reports with recommendations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as copier, computer, fax machine, calculator.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to remain calm in tense situations.