Case Manager I (1240-39)- 2 Openings
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
River City Correctional Center
3220 Colerain Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45225
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
$15.60 an Hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the social/behavioral sciences field, a working knowledge of the criminal justice system, understanding cognitive behavioral treatment and the principles of effective intervention.
- At least one year work experience with a correctional population preferred.
- Licensure as Social Worker, Professional Counselor or certification as Ohio Chemical Dependency Counselor is preferred.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Manages all aspects of individual caseload and individual case records and program records of residents assigned to them.
- Provides assessment of residents’ needs/risks to determine treatment plans.
- Performs intake procedures for new residents, which involves familiarizing these residents with rules and regulations of the facility.
- Apply behavior management system to manage residents’ behavior.
- Performs crisis intervention services.
- Prepares written reports.
- Attends staff meetings and other related meetings as required.
- Coordinates and implements individual and group counseling services to resident
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with various treatment facilities and with the general public.
- Makes court appearances as designated.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility.
- Conducts home and/or employment visits if needed.
- Transports residents to community resources as needed.
- Supplements facility coverage – subject to being called into work at any time due to emergency situations and/or coverage needs.
- Utilizes audio visual equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.