Groundskeeping Laborer (1473-68)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
Paul Brown Stadium
3 Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Full-time/Seasonal 80 hours bi-weekly
Approximately from April-December
$11.93-$13.39 per hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- High School Diploma or GED, and six (6) months experience in landscaping and/or grounds maintenance; demonstrable ability to perform moderate to heavy physical labor over extended periods of time and under adverse weather conditions.
- Driver's License issued by the state of residency
Special Working Conditions and/or Hazards:
- Possible exposure to chemicals, fumes and unpleasant smells.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Assists grounds crew with maintenance of grounds (e.g., mows or edges lawns, waters grass, removes weeds, landscapes grounds, removes snow and ice, prunes or trims trees, shrubs, or hedges; rakes, mulches, and composts leaves; plants seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs and applies mulch for protection, using gardening tools; trims or picks flowers and cleans flower beds; hauls or spreads topsoil or spreads straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place; waters lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans; shovels snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spreads salt in those areas; attaches wires from planted trees to support stakes etc.); operates light to heavy tools and equipment to maintain grounds (e.g., tractors, grass cutting mower, power mowers or edgers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, snow blower and plow, dump truck, shovels, picks, rakes, wheelbarrow, shears, pruning saws, chain saws, etc.); lifts and moves heavy loads in performance of duties; performs manual labor for extended periods of time and under adverse weather conditions.
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled preventative maintenance repairs on equipment; may operate vehicles, such as dump truck, twin-axle vehicles, etc.; transports tools and materials to and from job location; makes deliveries; follows safety practices and procedures; returns tools to proper location in orderly manner.
- Performs semi-skilled maintenance repairs and services (e.g., changes light bulbs; may assist with care of artificial turf fields, periodically removing the turf and replacing cushioning pads or vacuuming and disinfecting the turf after use to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria; etc.); maintains sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, or other grounds features; maintains structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Gathers and removes litter; performs other duties as required.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Assists co-workers as needed.