Clerk 2, Courtroom Services (1895-46)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
Hamilton County Justice Center, Courthouse
1000 Sycamore Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
30 hours per week
M-F, 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
Saturday (rotational, every 14 weeks)
$16.48 Per hour
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of professional experience in an office environment or customer service.
Municipal Court experience preferred.
Under supervision, provides exceptional customer service and record keeping for individuals who have business in Hamilton County Municipal Court. Manage the case docket and oversee day-to-day work operations in a Municipal Court courtroom. This is an entry level position.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the public and attorneys in the courtroom.
- Process paperwork for service provided.
- Verify information provided and ensure timely, accurate and consistent service to the customer.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Respond to customer inquiries: determine the nature of requests, retrieve information from system or hard-copy files, and provide assistance directly or by referring the customer to the appropriate party.
- Keeping an accurate record of the actions in court each day
- Preparing the Judges dockets
- Review and analyze the information presented in judicial entries, complaints and affidavits.
- Work closely with courtroom staff and judges to accurately and efficiently process cases during court proceedings.
- Filing case file jackets and paperwork
- Basic mathematics for calculating fines and fees.
- Court processes and procedures
- Interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and characteristics, including but not limited to age, gender-identity, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability status, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and physical appearance.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times and acts in accordance with the office values - serving others, respect, integrity, fairness and kindness.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Effectively manage time and tasks in fast paced environments.
- Type with speed and accuracy.
- Communicate effectively (both orally and written) and interact with other team members, court personnel, attorney’s, outside agencies, and the public.
- Basic computer functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED