Administrative Assistant (1612-02)
Deadline to Apply:
November 19, 2018
138 East Court Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Full-time/80 hours bi-weekly
$16.20-$19.12 per hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- High School Diploma or GED
- College-level coursework and experience which evidences a thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures and government structure and process
- Knowledge of accounting principles and budgetary process helpful
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted for the above qualifications
Job Duties (Summary):
- Performs a variety of administrative support functions to ensure efficient operation of department or agency (e.g., oversees office operations and systems including management of data entry; reviews current policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and effectiveness; recommends new and/or modifies policies and procedures; projects and prepares annual inventory of supplies and equipment; purchases supplies and equipment as required within established guidelines.
- Provides support to director by performing complex and routine secretarial duties (e.g., utilizes computer to create a variety of material from rough draft, recordings, written or oral instructions; composes routine correspondence; coordinates events, schedules and maintains appointment schedules; arranges meetings, conference and travel arrangements; reproduces files and distributes documents; maintains database for efficiency and accuracy of information entered.
- Provides assistance to stakeholders as needed. Acts as resource and point of contact for all Hamilton County Reentry stakeholders; Serves as liaison with community, governmental, and private organization partners. Maintains social media outreach; may draft medial releases and material for public disbursement; attends meetings and county functions.
- Develop, monitor, and update contracts and subscriptions (e.g., formats contracts, sets provider requirements, and facilitates departments processes and procedures; ensures legality and effective language in contracts; specifies terms for renewal, termination, and measurable performance indicators; collaborates with staff in the planning and development of contracts, budgeting, and monitoring payments); oversees service level agreements (SLAs); monitors accountability and data collection from contract agencies to adhere to federal, state, local, and Board requirements; coordinates with Purchasing to assure adherence to contract quality assurance requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors Request for Proposals (RFP) procedures; enforces contracting policies and procedures according to state laws, rules and regulations, Board policies and procedures, and SLAs.
- Assists in budget and strategic planning for the Department as it relates to the utilization of contract providers; works on pilot programs and other special projects; performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.