Assistant Project & Trades Manager (1924-06)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
1000 Main Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor's Degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field
- 2 years experience, 1 year of which is in a supervisory capacity
- one (1) year Prevailing Wage Experience
- The above may be submitted with equivalent combinations of education and experience which indicates an advanced knowledge of supervisory practices, facilities management, mechanical/electrical engineering practices, construction management and a demonstrable ability to apply supervisory principles to practical work situations.
- Driver's License issued in the state of residency
- BOC Level 1 Certification; LEED AP Certification; Certified Project Manager
Hazardous Working Conditions:
- May stand for long periods of time, lift heavy objects, and work in uncomfortably hot or cold environments, in awkward and cramped positions, or on ladders; could require working outdoors and be subject to inclement weather; lift up to 50 lbs without material handling device; ability to use and wear personal protective equipment: half-face respirators/dust mask, safety glasses, body harness for fall protection, arc flash clothing level two protection (hard hat, Class 2 gloves/leather, face shield, neck protector, coveralls), fire rated long sleeve shirts, earplugs/muffs and hand protection.
- Supervises plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering and ironworker bargaining unit staff; manages outside contractors; plans projects; schedules workflow; coordinates priorities; provides direction and makes sure work complies with established policy and procedure; interviews job applicants; administers verbal and written discipline and employees terminations; evaluates employee performance; adjusts grievances, approves leaves.
- Develops and manages Trade Group budgets for review and recommendation by the Assistant Facilities Director for approval; coordinates, plans, schedules and inspects trades to insure quality of workmanship, compliance with policies, codes and adherence to working drawings; ensure cost effective, efficient, responsive, quality work, delivering optimum customer service; confers with Facilities Project Manager to discuss work projects, priorities, problems encountered, work schedules and other related matters; provides direction and guidance to contractors and/or in-house trades, inspecting projects and identifying problems and recommending corrective action; serves as departmental representative in meetings; inspects facilities on a regular basis to ensure County buildings, grounds and power plants are maintained in proper, clean and secure manner; reviews work practices and departmental safety procedures with trades to ensure that safe work practices are followed daily; reports and corrects shortcomings in a timely manner, maintains supply inventories for trades and ensures purchases adhere to approved budget and constraints; performs responsible and/or complex duties of a precise, technical, or special nature by creating computerized spreadsheets for the purpose of reporting, documenting, and update pertinent construction project data and bar coding design documents (including cataloging & sorting).
- Maintains the Archibus Project Management module record drawing database; sets up and maintains database of as-built drawings; maintains and files contract documents, as-built drawings, specifications, O&M manuals, pay request, warranties, correspondence and other project documentation for current and passed projects.
- Assists the Assistant Director with the execution of work to be done within the scope and guidelines of published, approved contract documents; assists in planning, coordinating, and executing at multiple administrative levels, project documentation and record review; works with Facilities Project Manager, architects, engineers as to the general scope and intent of assigned projects; reviews and researches contract documents as to applicability and ability to implement restorations and or building modifications within current physical and operational necessities and to be able to facilitate in-depth and detailed administration of assigned project; assists in preparing original designs for construction projects and capital improvements; reviews designs submitted by Design Consultants/Partners and makes appropriate recommendations for change; assists Project Team in Pre-bid Award and Job Progress meetings; prepares and submits contracts for approval.
- Maintains various records reflecting status of Trade Group and Work Management Program operations, problems encountered and other related information for development and maintenance of a database, informs Assistant Director of project status; prepares routine and special reports; prepares, maintains and updates various records and reports (e.g., operational, drawings, financial, statistical, etc.); complies and summarizes data; searches, retrieves and files documents (including drawings, specifications, and manuals), and records keeping of department personnel when necessary; coordinates oversized moves with various personnel/agencies involved; responds to inquiries and complaints.
- Coordinates and administer various functions of the constructions/permit office (e.g., construction contracts, revocable agreements, zoning cases, project change orders); prepares and administers Escrow agreements, Notice of Commencement Letters, Notice of Furnishings and responds to General Form Status Inquiries; researches and prepares project and special correspondence; attends preconstruction meeting with contractors; ensure that the proper documents (i.e., prevailing wage schedule, proposal affidavits, and tax exempt certificate) are given to the contractor; ensure that prevailing wage criteria is met (e.g., meets with Inspectors and compares field notes with company payrolls and ensures that personnel are classified and paid appropriate prevailing wages, etc.); contacts company representatives to clear up discrepancies; verifies wages at job site; inspects progress of project sand provides support to supervisor in administration of capital projects.
- Reviews computerized estimates of partial payments, reviews final-quantities before final payment; finalized project records (e.g., makes sure proper final affidavits, wage and Minority Business Enterprise criteria are met before processing final payment).
- Maintains a level of personal professional development to stay abreast with the changing means and methods environment on the Facilities Management area, on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for one week a month for 3,000,000 square feet of County buildings.
- Confers with Director, Officials, Department Heads, and others regarding Trade Group problems and needs; analyzes situations and implements solutions.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.