Resident Supervisor 1 (736-39)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
River City Correctional Center
3220 Colerain Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45225
$12.57 per hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed in job duties.
- One year working experience in the field of criminal justice, preferably in a correctional facility is highly desirable for this position.
- An Associate Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Possession of a valid Ohio Operator’s License.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Maintains an atmosphere conducive to agency philosophy and humane living conditions. Is aware of resident treatment/habilitation plans and needs, and assists residents in working toward completion of contractual objectives.
- Responds to resident needs and conflicts in a preventative fashion. Enforces Residential Program Rules and Regulations and follows reporting procedures for violations. Assures resident movement, follows facility procedures, and monitors residents entering and leaving the program. Provides wake-up services to residents. Monitors and records resident curfews.
- May be required to conduct urinalysis.
- Handles crisis and emergency situations, calling for assistance when needed and documents all such incidents. Reports any positive or negative resident behavior incidents.
- Assists in supervision of Center recreational activities. Assists in supervision of resident visitation, ensuring established policies and procedures are adhered to and that required documentation is completed. Assists with resident intake/orientation procedures and documents same as required.
- May be required to transport residents and facility employees/documents. Reads the log book on a daily basis. Records all shift activities. Conducts visual head counts, isolation checks, facility shakedowns, and resident searches.
- Monitors, identifies and documents all individuals entering/leaving the River City Correctional Center. Supervises, directs and evaluates completion of resident housekeeping assignments. Ensures cleaning supplies are available and utilized properly.
- Strictly adheres to key control system. Dispenses/receives linens for residents. Supervises meal service to residents including seating residents and monitoring food intake of residents on special/restricted meals. Monitors kitchen crew and assists in serving meals if necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to all information obtained and processed in the operation of the River City Correctional Center. Remains alert throughout work shift and maintains contact with personnel on duty to be aware of unusual situations that may arise and/or problems that need to be resolved.
- Answers facility telephone on absence of Receptionist and monitors resident business telephone calls. Works with other facility staff in meeting the needs of the program.
- On-call in the event of scheduling problems and/or emergency situations. Performs other duties as assigned.