Operations Coordinator (1678-29)
Deadline to Apply:
November 12, 2018
Planning & Development
138 E. Court Street, Room 800
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Full-time/ 80 hours bi-weekly
- Bachelor degree in business administration, public administration or related field with four (4) to five (5) years related experience;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience which evidences a thorough knowledge of management practices and procedures, an advanced knowledge of government structure and process and demonstrable ability to operate a computer.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Performs fiscal activities and related operations of the Planning and Development Department to provide complete and accurate records of the department’s financial transactions; assists in the preparation of the department’s annual budget; verifies appropriations; reviews expenditures for compliance with budgetary limitations; Processes daily financial transactions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, processes daily pay-ins; processes travel expenses and vouchers; deposits funds with the County Treasurer; reviews financial documents to ensure compliance with procedures and regulations; audits internal records and documents; reconciles financial reports for County, State, and Federal agencies (e.g. CAFR); oversees the financial auditing by outside agencies; maintains inventories; maintains accurate files; prepares budget request and projections; documents budget and expenditures in applicable systems; control fiscal accounts to ensure budgetary compliance; prepares monthly reports; works with Budget Analyst to monitor budgets; ensures staff adherence to department policies and procedures; develops departmental procedures in accordance with overall guidelines.
- Serves as department liaison with the Human Resources department; prepares relevant payroll documents; maintains employee time sheets, monitors employee attendance related accruals, responds to basic questions from employees with regard to human resources related services, manages the department’s information for the annual open enrollment process; compiles relevant data (sick leave data); prepares Personnel Actions; may train employees on department processes and procedures and/or relevant computer software; monitors employee State Certifications.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the Regional Planning Commission annual budget; prepares budget requests; monitors expenditures; processes daily financial transactions; responsible for biannual audit of financial records; coordinates all purchasing related functions for the Regional Planning Commission.
- Coordinates the department’s purchasing function; reviews purchase requisitions; determines appropriations, assigns proper coding; ensures that procurement documents have the necessary signature approvals; may assist in related audits.
- Provides general administrative and technical support to the Planning and Development department; (e.g. general office management, assists in maintenance of office equipment, assists in making software/equipment purchasing decisions).
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.