QI Nurse Consultant (1697-61)
Deadline to Apply:
November 13, 2018
1520 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45206
Annual Salary: $47,143.85
- Current State of Ohio license as a Registered Nurse required.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- At least 18 months’ professional experience as an RN.
- Meets agency’s driver’s insurability requirements.
- Professional exposure to the MUI process and/or Provider Compliance Reviews preferred.
- Certification as an instructor of First Aid/CPR preferred.
- Conducts quality assessment reviews of provider locations in the county for whom medication is administered by non-licensed staff in a certified supported living/waiver setting or in a licensed facility serving five or less.
- Provides consultation to Agency nurses and to partnering agencies.
- Writes and distributes reports based on the quality assessment reviews, distributes copies of reports and follows-up to ensure plans of correction have been implemented.
- Provides consultation and insight to MUIP and QI Staff regarding medical related MUIs and medical related Provider compliance/performance issues.
- Coordinates and teaches designated staff the certification curricula for administration of medication and other health-related activities and administration of food or prescribed medication via a G or J tube.
- Enters information on Ohio DODD database to certify and renew certification of designated Agency staff in administration of medication and other medical activities.
- Coordinates meetings of nurses serving individuals with disabilities in Hamilton County to discuss issues pertaining to the health and safety of persons served.
- Attends department meetings, delegated nursing meetings, and health/safety related issues.
- Keeps current on rules/regulations regarding delegated nursing, health/safety issues within workplace, health issues pertaining to individuals with disabilities, and best nursing practice to provide high quality services.
- Travels as needed to other work sites; maintains valid state of residence driver’s license.
- Not intended to describe all duties.