Resident Supervisor 1 (1822-39)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
River City Correctional Center
3220 Colerain Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45225
40 Hours Per Week/Part-Time Available Also
NEW Starting Salary:
Probationary Period $13.95 per hour, After Probationary Rate: $14.61 per hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed above.
- An Associate Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- One year working experience in the field of criminal justice, preferably in a correctional facility is highly desirable for this position.
- Possession of a valid Ohio Operator’s License.
Job Duties (Summary):
Under the direct supervision of the Resident Supervisor III and the general direction of the Security Chief, the Resident Supervisor I is directly responsible for: observing and monitoring the movement of residents and others throughout the facility and its premises; maintaining facility in a safe, sanitary, secure and orderly condition; supervising residents in accordance with rules and regulations; and performing other related duties as required.
- Maintain an atmosphere conducive to agency philosophy and humane living conditions.
- Be aware of resident treatment/habilitation plans and needs, and assists residents in working toward completion of contractual objectives.
- Responds to resident needs and conflicts in a preventative fashion so as to reduce volatile situations.
- Enforces Residential Program Rules and Regulations and follows appropriate reporting procedures for violations.
- Assures resident movement follows facility procedures, monitors residents entering and leaving program by following the established sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Provides wake-up services to residents during all on duty hours. Responsible for monitoring resident curfews and recording same properly.
- May be required to conduct urinalysis according to established procedures.
- Responsible for handling crisis and emergency situations in program, calling for assistance when needed, and documenting all such incidents per agency policy.
- Reports any positive or negative resident behavior incidents in accordance with established reporting procedures.
- Assists in the supervision of Center recreational activities.
- Assists in the supervision of resident visitation, ensuring established policies and procedures are adhered to and that required documentation is completed.
- Assists with resident intake/orientation procedures according to facility policy and documents same as required.
- May be required to transport residents and facility employees/documents as requested
- Reads the log book on a daily basis. Records in substantial and comprehensive fashion all shift activities.
- Conducts visual head counts, isolation checks, facility shakedowns, and resident searches.
- Monitors, identifies and documents all individuals (i.e., visitors, outside agency personnel, officials, etc.) entering and leaving the River City Correctional Center.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates completion of resident housekeeping assignments with area of responsibilities. Ensures necessary cleaning supplies are available and utilized properly.
- Strictly adheres to key control system established by agency.
- Dispenses/receives linens for residents.
- Supervises meal service to residents as assigned, including seating residents and monitoring food intake of residents on special/restricted meals. Monitors kitchen crew when serving meals and assists in serving meals if necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to all information obtained and processed in the operation of the River City Correctional Center.\Remains alert throughout work shift and maintains contact with personnel on duty to be aware of unusual situations that may arise and/or problems that need to be resolved.
- Answers facility telephone on absence of Receptionist and monitors resident business telephone calls.
- Supports, cooperates and works with other facility staff in meeting the needs of the program.
- On-call in the event of scheduling problems and/or emergency situations.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility.
- Transports residents to community resources as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: This job description shall in no way be construed as a limitation on the authority of supervisory personnel to assign tasks which are not listed in the job duties section to employees under their direct or indirect supervision