Resident Supervisor 1 (748-39)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
River City Correctional
3220 Colerain Ave
Cincinnati, Ohio 45225
80 hrs Bi-Weekly/ Full Time/ 1st and 2nd Shift
$12.57 an Hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below
- An Associate Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- One year working experience in the field of criminal justice, preferably in a correctional facility is highly desirable for this position.
- Possession of a valid Ohio Operator's License
Job Duties (Summary):
- Maintain an atmosphere conducive to agency philosophy and humane living conditions.
- Be aware of resident treatment/habilitation plans and needs, and assists residents in working toward completion of contractual objectives.
- Responds to resident needs and conflicts in a preventative fashion so as to reduce volatile situations.
- Enforces Residential Program Rules and Regulations and follows appropriate reporting procedures for violations.
- Assures resident movement follows facility procedures, monitors residents entering and leaving program by following the established sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Provides wake-up services to residents during all on duty hours. Responsible for monitoring resident curfews and recording same properly.
- May be required to conduct urinalysis according to established procedures.
- Responsible for handling crisis and emergency situations in program, calling for assistance when needed, and documenting all such incidents per agency policy.
- Reports any positive or negative resident behavior incidents in accordance with established reporting procedures.
- Assists in the supervision of Center recreational activities.
- Assists in the supervision of resident visitation, ensuring established policies and procedures are adhered to and that required documentation is completed.
- Assists with resident intake/orientation procedures according to facility policy and documents same as required.
- May be required to transport residents and facility employees/documents as requested.
- Reads the log book on a daily basis. Records in substantial and comprehensive fashion all shift activities.
- Monitors, identifies and documents all individuals (i.e., visitors, outside agency personnel, officials, etc.) entering and leaving the River City Correctional Center.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates completion of resident housekeeping assignments with area of responsibilities. Ensures necessary cleaning supplies are available and utilized properly.
- Strictly adheres to key control system established by agency.
- Dispenses/receives linens for residents.
- Supervises meal service to residents as assigned, including seating residents and monitoring food intake of residents on special/restricted meals. Monitors kitchen crew when serving meals and assists in serving meals if necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to all information obtained and processed in the operation of the River City Correctional Center.
- Remains alert throughout work shift and maintains contact with personnel on duty to be aware of unusual situations that may arise and/or problems that need to be resolved.
- Answers facility telephone on absence of Receptionist and monitors resident business telephone calls.
- Supports, cooperates and works with other facility staff in meeting the needs of the program.
- On-call in the event of scheduling problems and/or emergency situations.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility.
- Transports residents to community resources as needed.