Resident Supervisor II (Crew Leader – 1464-39)
Deadline to Apply:
Open until filled
River City Correctional
3220 Colerain Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45225
Full-time, 40 hours a week
7:00 am – 7:00 pm Rotating Days
$12.95 – $13.64 an hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- An Associate Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- One year experience as a Resident Supervisor I with the River City Correctional Center.
- Licensure and Certification Requirements.
- Possession of a valid Ohio Operator’s License.
- Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Under the direct supervision of the Resident Supervisor III and the general direction of the Security Chief, the Resident Supervisor II is directly responsible for: observing and monitoring the movement of residents and others throughout the facility and its premises; Maintaining facility in a safe, sanitary, secure and orderly condition; supervising residents in accordance with rules and regulations; and performing other related duties as required. May serve as shift leader.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to recognize unusual and/or threatening conditions and take appropriate action.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare routine reports.
- Ability to work under stressful and demanding conditions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to effectively manage time and organize workload.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, coworkers, community, etc.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize, train and direct the work of residents in the completion of their assigned housekeeping duties.
- Visual ability sufficient to effectively operate office equipment including calculator, copier, facsimile machine and computer.
- Ability to remain calm in tense situations.
- Ability to read and prepare reports with recommendations, correspondence,instructions, policies and procedures.
- Hearing ability sufficient to hold conversation with other individuals both in person and over a telephone and to hear recordings on a dictaphone.
- Speaking ability sufficient to communicate effectively with other individuals in person and over a telephone.
- Visual ability to read and prepare reports.
- Maintain an atmosphere conducive to agency philosophy and humane living conditions.
- Be aware of resident treatment/habilitation plans and needs, and assists residents in working toward completion of contractual objectives.
- Responds to resident needs and conflicts in a preventative fashion so as to reduce volatile situations.
- Enforces Residential Program Rules and Regulations and follows appropriate reporting procedures for violations.
- Assures resident movement follows facility procedures, monitors residents entering and leaving program by following the established sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Provides wake-up services to residents during all on duty hours.
- Responsible for monitoring resident curfews and recording same properly.
- May be required to conduct urinalysis according to established procedures.
- Responsible for handling crisis and emergency situations in program, calling for assistance when needed, and documenting all such incidents per agency policy.
- Reports any positive or negative resident behavior incidents in accordance with established reporting procedures.
- Assists in the supervision of Center recreational activities.
- Assists in the supervision of resident visitation, ensuring established policies and procedures are adhered to and that required documentation is completed.
- Assists with resident intake/orientation procedures according to facility policy and documents same as required.
- May be required to transport residents and facility employees/documents as requested.
- Reads the log book on a daily basis. Records in substantial and comprehensive fashion all shift activities.
- Conducts visual head counts, isolation checks, facility shakedowns, and resident searches.
- Monitors, identifies and documents all individuals (i.e., visitors, outside agency personnel, officials, etc.) entering and leaving the River City Correctional Center.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates completion of resident housekeeping assignments with area of responsibilities. Ensures necessary cleaning supplies are available and utilized.
- Strictly adheres to key control system established by agency.
- Dispenses/receives linens for residents.
- Supervises meal service to residents as assigned, including seating residents and monitoring food intake of residents on special/restricted meals. Monitors kitchen crew when serving meals and assists in serving meals if necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to all information obtained and processed in the operation of the River City Correctional Center.
- Remains alert throughout work shift and maintains contact with personnel on duty to be aware of unusual situations that may arise and/or problems that need to be resolved.
- Answers facility telephone on absence of Receptionist and monitors resident business telephone calls.
- Supports, cooperates and works with other facility staff in meeting the needs of the program.
- On-call in the event of scheduling problems and/or emergency situations.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility.
- Transports residents to community resources as needed.
- Oversees facility vehicles.
- Oversees resident property.
- Oversees RCCC control room operations.
- Correctional facility setting, moderate noise.
- Significant amount of standing, walking, sitting, listening, and reaching with arms and hands.
- Must have the ability to recognize the signs or symptoms of current substance abuse.
- Physical ability to intervene in crisis situations.
- Conveys and receives information in person and over the telephone.
Note: This job description shall in no way be construed as a limitation on the authority of
supervisory personnel to assign tasks which are not listed in the job duties section to
employees under their direct or indirect supervision.