Case Manager 1 (1819-39) - 2 positions
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
River City Correctional Center
3220 Colerain Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45225
35 Hours Per Week
$15.91 to 16.75 per hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the social/behavioral sciences field,
- A working knowledge of the criminal justice system, understanding cognitive behavioral treatment and the principles of effective intervention.
- At least one year work experience with a correctional population preferred.
- Licensure as Social Worker, Professional Counselor or certification as Ohio Chemical Dependency Counselor is preferred.
This position provides direct service to residents, maintains case records and supervises resident activities. The Case Manager is directly responsible for initiating, implementing and documenting individual and group treatment/habilitation services as they relate to the resident’s individualized treatment plan objectives. Work is supervised by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Manages all aspects of individual caseload and individual case records and program records of residents assigned to them.
- Provides assessment of residents’ needs/risks to determine treatment plans.
- Performs intake procedures for new residents, which involves familiarizing these residents with rules and regulations of the facility.
- Apply behavior management system to manage residents’ behaviors.
- Performs crisis intervention services.
- Prepares written reports.
- Attends staff meetings and other related meetings as required.
- Coordinates and implements individual and group counseling services to residents.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with various treatment facilities and with the general public.
- Makes court appearances as designated.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility.
- Conducts home and/or employment visits if needed.
- Transports residents to community resources as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.