Finance Director (1637- 46)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
Hamilton County Court House
1000 Main Street
Cincinnati, Oh 45202
1st Shift, M-F, 8 AM to 4 PM
REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field and three (3) years of finance experience OR eight (8) to ten (10) years of financial experience.
- Experience with project management and supervising others preferred.
- Experience with Performance budgeting system (strongly preferred).
- Fiscal management
- Finance and accounting principles
- Statistical data collection and analysis
- Performance, the budgeting system used by Hamilton County (strongly preferred)
- Learn principles of county budget preparation and administration.
- Learn all applicable rules and regulations that guide the Clerk of Courts office, particularly as they relate to employee practices.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Supervise and train a finance staff.
- Deal with sensitive information discretely and professionally.
- Make and implement decisions, and oversee the execution of decisions made by the Clerk of Courts.
- Quickly adapt to new situations.
- Work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
- Be proactive and set and meet goals.
- All forms of communication and various communication styles.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Building interpersonal/professional relationships.
- Preparing concise and accurate financial reports.
- Maintaining intricate budgets.
- Problem solving and issue identification.
- Data analysis.
- Relationship management, including dealing with antagonistic or difficult situations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a sedentary job and the employee will sit 75% of his/her workday. The employee is expected to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Minimal. Travel is primarily local during the business day. Travel up to 6 times per year.
JOB DUTIES (SUMMARY):
- The Finance Director is directly responsible for leading, planning, organizing, developing, coordinating, and directing all aspects of the budget, and all issues relating to finance and accounting for the Clerk of Courts organization. This is an upper-level position that will report directly to the Chief Administrator of the Clerk of Courts.
- The ideal candidate shares our vision for the future, demonstrates our values of serving others, kindness and respect, and is eager to learn,committed to excellence,team-oriented, big-picture thinker.
BUDGET MANAGEMENT & ACCOUNTING
- Oversight of all fiscal operations of the Clerk of Courts organization.
- Prepare the annual budget in coordination with the Clerk of Courts and Chief Administrator.
- Reconciling any financial issues that arise in the Clerk’s office.
- Develop financial planning and analysis for capital projects, budgeting, accounting, client contracts, billing models, and cash management.
- Ensuring accurate and responsible accounting of fees paid to the Clerk’s office.
- Serve as the liaison between the Clerk’s office and other government agencies that help assess the budget, including the Hamilton County Budget Office and the Auditor of the State of Ohio.
- Maintain professional and transparent accounting of all revenue and expenditures as they relate to the Clerk’s budget.
- Work with the Clerk of Courts and other Chief Deputies to prioritize budget priorities and cost savings, and help implement those priorities within the budget.
- Provides direction, guidance, coaching, and feedback to finance staff.
- Holds finance team accountable for meeting project deadlines and ensures work complies with quality standards.
- Develops departmental plans, goals, objectives, metrics, policies, and procedures.
- Promptly addresses personnel issues and provides conflict resolution, documentation, and discipline when necessary.
DATA REPORTING & ANALYSIS
- Prepare reports on expenditures and budget-related expenses as needed.
- Make recommendations on cost savings, on revenue generation, and on all aspects of maximizing the budget for taxpayers.
- Prepare forecasts and analyses on both expenditures and revenues to help ensure consistency in the budget process.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED