Code Enforcement Supervisor
SAFEbuilt’s code enforcement service takes a proactive approach to code enforcement. We are looking for an individual that will provide community service to educate and drive proactive code enforcement activities.
SAFEbuilt has a 20-year history of providing building department services as a government contractor. Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. Join the other highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement.
- Responds to and investigates allegations of violations of Municipal, Land Development and Property Maintenance Codes to determine validity of complaints and the appropriate course of action to mitigate issues.
- Notification of issues given in writing, by phone, in person and electronically.
- Schedules and performs systematic property maintenance inspections to maintain or achieve minimum property standards.
- Prepares records and reports pertaining to abatements, court actions, daily activities, enforcement actions and inspections.
- Compiles documentation for and issues summons.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens and elected officials; Handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to make presentations
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain City codes and site plans, maps and work plans
- Good driving record
- Four year college degree required
- GACE Certifications strongly preferred
- ICC Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years or more experience in enforcement, compliance-related work including investigating allegations, conducting research and resolving complaints, concerns or conflicts
COMPENSATION: Strong salary and benefits package
More About SAFEbuilt:
One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 800 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1100 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.