|Position: Plans Examiner - Cincinnati Area|
|Job Id: 1439|
|# of Openings: 0|
Building Plans Examiner – Cincinnati Area
SAFEbuilt is currently seeking talented, energetic Building Plans Examiners to support their Bedford Heights Area operations. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged. Candidates will work with our team of Master Plans Examiners and must hold the ICC Building Plans Examiner, and be certified with the Ohio Board of Building Standards.
· Reviews all plans and specifications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
· Initiates preconstruction conferences with contractors and/or developers and associated staff members.
· Provides technical direction and assistance to inspection personnel relating to field problems.
· Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, and contractors.
· Regularly interacts directly with municipal clients and their staff.
· May be required to perform inspections on as needed basis, providing interpretation of codes in the field.
· Attends meetings, educational seminars, and functions relating to building codes.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology.
· Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Good time management, organization, and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment.
· Ability to prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into software programs.
· Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere.
· Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the Ohio Building Codes.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Five years as a full-time building inspector in a certified non-residential building department, OR Five years of experience in building design and construction for buildings or structures within the scope of groups regulated by the rules of the Board while a registered architect or professional engineer, OR Ten years of experience as a full-time skilled tradesman for structural carpentry, masonry, steel erection, or concrete construction work, subject to inspection under the code adopted for non-residential buildings, within the scope of groups regulated by the rules of the Board.
· Master Plans Examiner certification as issued by the Ohio Board of Building Standards is a plus.
· ICC Building Plans Examiner Certification Required; Additional ICC Certifications preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Acceptable driving record.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and benefits package.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt has seen a significant increase in municipal contracts and employee growth over the past few years. 2018 is already shaping up to see similar growth and opportunity. SAFEbuilt partners with over 450 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 600 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|