|Position: Permit Technician - Athens|
|Job Id: 1379|
|# of Openings: 0|
SAFEbuilt is currently looking for a Permit Technician with excellent customer service skills to work with our building department operational team. This position serves as key office personnel who interact daily with the public, city employees, inspectors, plans examiners and the building official. Customer service, organization, detail oriented and multitasking is a must.
· Interfacing with all customers to service their building department related needs.
· Issuing and/or tracking permits through the permitting process, beginning with application acceptance, plan review, inspections and permit closure.
· Establishing and maintaining systems to ensure that all files, letters, reference manuals, field inspection reports, permit files, blueprints, drawings, and other data or material is maintained in an organized fashion.
· Working with plans examiners and inspectors throughout the company to develop and ensure consistent processes.
· Assisting with public record requests and record conversion.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele.
· Good time management, organization, telephone, attention to detail, and people skills.
· Must be able to perform multi-task operations with frequent interruptions.
· Perform a variety of duties requiring use of critical thinking, independent judgment, and technical knowledge.
· Experience with land survey and tax appraisal and tax assessing and/or property management are a plus.
· Excellent Microsoft Office Skills and permitting software experience are a must.
· Minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Experience working in fast pace customer service, office environment
· 2+ years municipal experience preferred
· ICC Permit Technician and other certifications are a bonus
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and benefits package.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt has seen a significant increase in municipal contracts and employee growth over the past few years. 2018 is already shaping up to see similar growth and opportunity. SAFEbuilt partners with over 700 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|