|Position: Combination Inspector and Plan Reviewer - Cicero|
|Job Id: 1369|
|# of Openings: 0|
Plans Examiner / Inspector - Cicero
SAFEbuilt is currently seeking a full time experienced Commercial / Residential Building Plans Examiner and Inspector to support their operations in the Cicero, IL Area. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
· Reviews all plans and specifications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
· Initiates preconstruction conferences with contractors and/or developers and associated staff members.
· Provides technical direction and assistance to inspection personnel relating to field problems.
· Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, and contractors.
· Regularly interacts directly with municipal clients and their staff.
· May be required to perform inspections on as needed basis, providing interpretation of codes in the field.
· Attends meetings, educational seminars, and functions relating to building codes.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Considerable knowledge of the International Building and International Energy Conservation Codes.
· Knowledge of the International Residential, International Mechanical, International Plumbing, International Fuel Gas, and National Electrical codes preferred.
· Basic knowledge of land development processes including, zoning regulations, land entitlements, and public infrastructure construction.
· Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology.
· Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment.
· Ability to prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into company software programs.
· Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere.
· Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the International Building Codes.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Good time management, organization, and attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· ICC Building Plans Examiner certification
· ICC Plans Examiner Certifications in multiple trades preferred.
· A minimum of three (3) years of experience in reviewing commercial construction plans or architect.
· A bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction Management or related field preferred.
· Good driving record.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and benefits package.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt has seen a significant increase in municipal contracts and employee growth over the past few years. 2018 is already shaping up to see similar growth and opportunity. SAFEbuilt partners with over 700 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|