|Position: Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspector - Indianapolis|
|Job Id: 1396|
|# of Openings: 0|
HUD – Housing Quality Standards Inspector - Indianapolis
As a key member of the SAFEbuilt team, this position will serve to provide excellent service levels and safer built communities. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you. We are looking for individuals to support client communities by conducting HUD-Housing inspection activities. This position will serve as a resource to city staff, by conducting inspections in accordance with county and city regulations. Additionally, the employee will work directly with the general public, providing information to property owners, residents, and businesses on Housing Quality Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) inspections in accordance with Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) UPCS Inspection Protocol
· Inspections on housing units, common areas, building systems, building exterior and site, including non-dwelling buildings
· Inspect rental buildings and properties to ensure compliance with ordinance requirements
· Issue occupancy certificates for properties found to be in compliance with requirements
· Void existing occupancy certificates for properties found to be in violation of requirements
· Provide lead-based paint inspections and lead based paint risk assessments
· Provide remediation and clearance summaries for lead-based paint issues
· Educate property owners, residents, businesses and the general public on Safe Housing Regulations
· Other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
· 2+ years’ experience with HUD Housing Quality Standards and UPCS protocol
· Experience using HUD/REAC software version 4.0
· Knowledge of general construction practices, procedures and requirements
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens and elected officials; Handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to make presentations
· Ability to read, interpret, and explain City codes and site plans, maps and work plans
· Good time management, organization, and attention to detail skills
· Have solid computer skills and experience using MS Office and database programs
· Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment
· Must have HQS Certifications and Lead-Based Paint Visual Assessment Training, both of which must be from a nationally recognized training organization, such as the ICC. (No self-certifications will be accepted.) HQS and Lead-Based Paint Visual certifications must be submitted for review and approval
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and certifications.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 800 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1100 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|