Field Support Coordinator - 100% Travel - Inventory
Sky Climber Renewables is a total solutions provider for turbine maintenance. Our products and services are designed to maximize safety while providing total access solutions and applications to the wind industry. We are currently seeking candidates for a Field Support Coordinator to support various client work sites. The sites are based in remote U.S. locations.
The Field Support Coordinator primarily works in the field (on site) to support the Construction department with collection and verification of turbine documentation, performance of end-to-end inventory tracking, data entry, procurement, and other general administrative responsibilities. This role typically arrives on site up to one month in advance of first component deliveries and will stay through final turbine commissioning in support of project closure activities. The Field Support Coordinator will follow defined processes and procedures with respect to safety, documentation, and inventory, with a strong focus on ensuring system and process compliance.
The ideal candidate will have inventory procurement, inventory management and control experience in a construction environment. Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices and wind experience is a plus. Ideal for a team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment with strict daily deadlines. The work schedule is typically 6 days per week, 10 hours per day, and assignments last from 4-6 months or longer. The opportunity exists to be assigned to multiple assignments over the course of each year.
- Collects construction and site documentation for assigned projects and/or sites, assembles job books for each turbine on site. Processes, enters and scans documentation including but not limited to: transport, installation, commissioning, QA/QC forms, contractor time sheets and others for reporting needs with a strict daily deadline.
- Controls end-to-end inventory movement transactions in SAP including receiving site containers, NCR components entering consumption, cycle counts, reconciliations, and coordinating container returns according to defined processes and procedures may be involved in physical loading and unloading of trucks.
- Records and tracks all non-conformity reports in SAP for the project and ensures inventory is consumed and labor hours are recorded to NCRs appropriately.
- Updates the Site Progress Log daily to ensure accurate scheduling and allow for financial milestones to be reached.
- Input serial/commissioning data obtained from Site Technicians in the As-Built for the project.
- With understanding of how field support activities fit into the financial aspects of a project, completes transactions in a timely and accurate manner, registers hours worked daily, and follows newly defined or existing processes and procedures that result from financial analysis done by Project Support leaders.
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited to both physical and SAP system set up for new sites including initial and ongoing new vendor set up, ordering fixtures, containers and supplies for new or existing office
- May support planning and scheduling efforts and requirements through related assigned tasks.
- Orients temporary staff as needed to site and required processes and procedures
- Interfaces primarily with Construction Managers, technicians, and safety personnel on site
- Is available via various communication tools both in person (live and telephone) and digital (including use of email, Communicator, Skype, Intercall Net Meeting).
- Travel up to 100% and/or receive mid to long-term assignment at a specific site.
Education, Training and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience representing a combination of administrative support and warehouse experience with one year general warehouse experience required
- Must have strong Computer skills, MS Office, Suite and ERP solution experience (SAP preferred with Project solution) – minimum of 1 year
- Industry experience in wind and/or construction preferable
- Must have the ability to lift, pull, and push up to 50 lbs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to read comprehend and write in English
- Ability to bend, climb, kneel, and maintain repetitive motion of hands, arms and legs.
- Tolerance of unique working environment and conditions including but not limited to wide temperature variance.
- This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
Pre-employment testing will include: