Wind Turbine Technician - 100% Travel
Sky Climber Renewables is a total solutions provider for turbine maintenance. Our products and services are designed to maximize safety while providing total access solutions and applications to the wind industry.
We are seeking Technicians with experience in composites, rope access, rigging and service.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex problems on variable speed/variable pitch wind turbines
- Perform all mechanical and electrical component maintenance. Repair and replace components as required.
- Ensure the execution of availability or guarantees, warranty fulfillment, and parts delivery.
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures, start-up of new sites, and general site support.
- Provide Technical and consulting support
- Assist with work as directed by management
- Complete required paperwork (ex. Time cards, expense reports, service reports, etc.)
- Participate in on-the-job training with on-site personnel
- Work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Exhibit positive, courteous behavior with customers, businesses and co-workers
- 1-3 years of previous Field experience in the Wind Industry preferred.
- Must be able to climb a 300 ft. vertical ladder.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a passport.
- Ability to work in High Elevations.
- Degree and/or certification from an approved Wind Program preferred.
- Commissioning training and experience preferred.
- Past supervision of 6 or more crew members strongly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to bend, kneel, climb, and squat. Have full range of motion.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to operate hand tools.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Wind Energy Safe Access and Rescue or Equivalent (Tractel/Skylotec preferred)
- Confined Space Entry/Confined Space Rescue Certification required.
- OSHA 10 (OSHA 30 preferred)
- First Aid/CPR
- Fastener, Torque and Tension certifications a plus
Driving Record Requirements
- Valid state driver's license
- No license suspension or restrictions within previous 3 years
- No DWI/DWAI/OWI/OUI etc. within previous 5 years
- No more than three points on the motor vehicle report within previous 3 years
- Must be 21 yrs. of age or older
Travel Requirements – Must be able to travel 100%.
Must be able to pass:
- Physical *
- Drug Test
- Background Check
*Weight restriction of 270 lbs. due to safety equipment