Wind Service Technician– Level 1 Local
Career Pathways, Home Every Night, Competitive Pay & Benefits
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – consider joining the Sky Climber team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits. Visit skyclimberwind.com to learn more.
The Company: Sky Climber Staffing Solutions is a privately held renewable energy service company and is renowned for large scale service support and rapid deployment of qualified resources and equipment. We serve the world’s leading wind energy OEMs and Owner/Operators, across all areas of critical inspection, service and maintenance.
- Our employees are considered the foundation of our business and our most important asset.
- We believe in empowering people and businesses to create, build and maintain the things we need and care about.
The Position: We’re looking for Wind Turbine Service Technicians – Level 1 Local
- Benefit Eligible - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and company matching 401(k)
- Paid Holidays
- Training - 3 weeks training during Onboarding
- Employee Recognition Program - Merit Based
- Dynamic skills utilization and development - Across multiple services
- Demonstrate a passion for working safely and supporting the goals of the company and its customers.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet customer needs
- Ability and willingness to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, ability to lift push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight, and the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record history (e.g. No suspensions or restrictions, No DWI, DWAI, OWI, OUI)
- High School diploma or equivalent and post high school education (i.e. wind school, trade school, college) or a minimum six (6) months wind industry experience or one (1) year related electrical - mechanical working experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation)
- Ability to complete detailed component inspections and report on findings
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence, good interpersonal and customer relation skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data
- Ability to speak, read and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Pass background check and drug screening.
- Ability to obtain a passport.
- Weight restriction of 270 pounds as an essential function of the job. The purpose of this restriction is to ensure that all weight rated equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner within the maximum allowed weight loading.
- Performs basic level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into company system(s)
- Acts as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management
- Demonstrates and promotes integrity, strong initiative, as well as a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis. Also may assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff
- Follows basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge). Independently initiates and performs most work tasks as well as follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff
- Effectively promotes strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and cooperation, and supports change initiatives and proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels or implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Interfaces with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times
- Assimilate new information quickly, communicate efficiently and professionally
- Perform rescue operations, technical reports and administrative tasks with precision and efficiency
This position is a local project assignment.
Sky Climber Staffing Solutions is headquartered in Delaware, OH U.S.A.
Mid-West office/training center is based in St. Louis, MO U.S.A.
Canadian office is located in Goderich, Ontario.
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of the Sky Climber Legacy – 60 years in work-at-height product and service solutions
- Wind Technician - #2 in US NEWS “Best Maintenance and Repair Jobs”
- Multiple Career Pathways