Classroom Assistant – Floating Locations
Family Development Services' full time Classroom Assistant – Floating Locations will perform any combination of the following instructional tasks in the classroom to assist Preschool Teachers in Head Start or Infant/Toddler Teachers in Early Head Start by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work in any of our 11 centers, reporting to HR Benefit Specialist/Assistant HR Director
- Assist with the planning and implementation of lesson plans
- Use developmentally appropriate techniques to interact with children – individually or in groups – to support learning throughout the day
- Daily completion of USDA documentation at point of service
- Document observations on children' anecdotal record forms
- Clean tabletops and floor areas after meals and activities, and clean cots as needed
- Accompany the Family / Child Educator on home visits
- Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change, communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds-especially if necessary to care for a child.
- Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; see up close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications for consideration:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Obtain Child Development Associate certificate (CDA) within two (2) years after date of hire. Educational Assistance available
- Willing and able to work full-time, M-F, 8:30a-5:30 p
- Must have vehicle, valid driver's license and at least state minimum insurance to meet requirement to work in any of 11 centers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age, 21 if working in Early Head Start
Applicants with the following qualifications are preferred:
- Work experience with children 0 to 5 years old
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Please click below to submit your application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer