The Child Development and Education Specialist at Family Development Services provides expertise and implements quality control measures to Preschool Teachers and Classroom Assistants in all aspects of the education service delivery areas for Head Start and Early Head Start including interactions with children, parents, and peers, Head Start Performance Standards, applicable federal and state laws and regulations and outcomes measures required by the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry forth the vision and mission statement of Family Development Services
- Assist Child Development and Education (CDE) Coordinators with training sessions to education staff regarding service area requirements and identified training needs, including New Hire Orientation
During selected time meet with all new hire employees in assigned classrooms and review designated areas of New Hire Observation Guide
Attend all meetings, trainings, seminars, conferences, etc. as assigned
- Recommend and give input to CDE Coordinators in developing CDE Work Plan, annual Center Operations Calendar, Standard Operating Procedures, Observation tools, forms, reports, etc.
- Develop and follow coaching plans with teaching staff with input from Center Directors.
- Conduct weekly classroom visits using a variety of observation tools, coaching tools, and mentoring tools.
- Be a CLASS reliable observer in order to conduct scheduled CLASS reviews during designated times based on the schedule provided by CDE Coordinators
- Provide feedback and guidance to education staff on CLASS observations
- Provide CLASS scores from observations to CDE Coordinators as required
- Provide feedback and guidance to education staff on Reggio-Inspired Approach and appropriate environment.
- Provide feedback and guidance to education staff on lesson planning, classroom management, and TS Gold documentation
- Provide feedback and guidance to teaching staff on Project Approach and activities to facilitate the progression of projects
- Provide feedback and guidance to education staff for classroom portfolios also changes and improvements to the portfolios as needed
- Provide feedback and guidance to education staff in the areas of School Readiness, Family Engagement, and Indiana Foundations
- Assist education staff and Center Directors with planning and implementing new initiatives as directed by CDE Coordinators and/or Assistant Head Start Director for Center Operations
- Submit all required reports to CDE Coordinators monthly
- Provide written documentation of any observed non compliances in regard to Indiana State licensing, Head Start Performance Standards, FDS Employee handbook and Union Work Rules
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to child protective services.
- Perform emergency first aid procedures as required
- All other duties as assigned.