Family Support Specialist
Family Development Services' Family Support Specialist will Recruit, enroll and provide case management with intense follow-up with families in the Early Head Start Program, following procedures outlined by the Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards. Ensure that enrollment goals are achieved and maintained throughout each school year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enrolls children in the Early Head Start program, following procedures outlined by the Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards. Ensures that enrollment goals are achieved and maintained throughout each center.
- Conducts intake meetings with families of children and siblings enrolling in Early Head Start.
- Enters all child and family data into Head Start Family Information System (Promis database) or other designated database.
- Verifies income and other eligibility requirements for enrollment.
- Maintains full classroom enrollment at all Early Head Start Centers.
- Maintains the current waiting list/s and update as needed.
- Carries out own administrative support duties, including answering phones, filing, copying, faxing, emailing etc.
- Maintains organized case files on all families that contain written documentation of appropriate forms for all activities and enrollments and onsite licensing copy.
- Communicates with staff, parents, children and the general public in a courteous and pleasant manner.
- Ensures that documentation of health requirements of Head Start participants is in the children’s records.
- Advocates on behalf of enrolled families by identifying, making referrals, procuring and/or coordinating community resources and services available to families, considering eligibility criteria. Follows up on referrals.
- Documents each family contact, and all internal services provided to families, as well as all external referrals for service.
- Collects and submits weekly USDA forms.
- Assists in completion of all internal reports and coordination of referrals for child abuse.
- Develops and implements a plan to improve attendance on children with repeat absences from the Early Head Start program.
- Interviews family and assess strengths and needs, and develop a family centered partnership plan agreement with the family, identifying and establishing goals.
- Monitors goal accomplishments of families throughout their participation in the program. Assists families to meet milestones/objectives that lead to goal accomplishments.
- Reviews IFPA and perform follow-up to determine quantity and quality of services provided to families, and to check status of family goals.
- Facilitates various types of transition services to children and families.
- Conducts FDS mandated home visits per family each school year, and as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications for consideration:
Bachelors degree in Social Work or a related Field.
1+ years of social work experience required.
Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change, communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn
- Ability to work evening and weekends as needed
- Must have transportation and be available for local travel approximately 50% of time
- Must be able to travel out of town for training
- Valid driver’s license and maintenance of minimum vehicle insurance coverage
- Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; see up close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Applicants with the following qualifications are preferred:
Family Development Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click below to submit your application.