The Associate Product Manager will work directly with the Product Manager and other functional teams on projects and key initiatives related to core telecommunications and data center products. This includes conducting market research, administrative data management, developing pricing and packaging, defining product requirements and feature sets, business modeling and marketing planning, competitive research, and ongoing collaboration with the engineering, operations, provisioning, marketing, and sales teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (include but are not limited to)
- Assists with management, promotion, planning, pricing, packaging, and research as needed for core business and residential products
- May assist with management of third party-vendor relationships to provide best in class customer solutions for products and services
- Manages expenses related to products including vendor invoices and contacts to analyze product profitability on a regular basis to recommend cost reduction and revenue enhancement strategies to management as needed
- Works to ensure product goals are set, reportable mechanisms are in place and measurable results are monitored
- Works with Product Manager and Marketing team to field requests from Sales and Engineering for adding new features to existing products, or pricing out large one-of-a-kind solutions to effectively meet customer’s needs
- Alerts management to developing opportunities or concerns and provides data to support decision-making
- Prepares and refers to business case documents as needed to determine strategies for marketing and selling product and/or services
- Maintains an awareness of the competition and other market forces affecting the product lines, through effective networking and mainstream research, providing key competitive information and comparisons to the market research team.
- Researches new products and product enhancements as needed to align with the revenue goals of the organization
- Participates in the development of all product-related marketing collateral, including website, product releases, brochures, advertisements, pricing sheets, sales materials, newspaper, radio, direct mail pieces, customer letters, etc.
- Able to present/train sales teams on product enhancements or revisions
- Communicates relevant product information to all internal stakeholders
- Meets deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, well as critical thinking/analytical abilities are essential to this position
- Strong project and time management skills are a plus
- Must possess financial forecasting ability and working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences including Senior Management, Engineering, Operations, Customer Support, Marketing, and Sales personnel
- Previous experience in telecommunications a plus
QUALIFICATIONS & PREREQUISITES
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing or related field; some Product or Project Management experience a plus
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing, or related field
- 3 years or more work experience in telecommunications or product management