JOB SUMMARY: The MDU Manager is a seasoned and results oriented sales professional to implement sales strategies aimed at securing our ability to provide service to multiple dwelling unit (MDU) properties maximizing product/service penetration.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: (include but are not limited to)
- Assist in creating business case models for new growth areas
- Assist in developing ROI models for capital expenditure approvals
- Attend Meet and Greets with top commercial developers
- Work with product on offering and pricing.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with MDU property management and leasing staff and regularly follows up to ensure products and services are favorably presented to prospective tenants
- Partners directly with MDU property manager/leasing staff in designated territories to drive maximum product penetration and revenue growth.
- Serves as a sales presence at community or company events as required, interacting with current and potential customer
- Serves as primary contact for MDU communities, maintaining sales literature supplies and/or any basic supplies
- Creates and maintains successful interdepartmental relationships
- Completes special projects and/or status reports as requested
- Updates and reports on all sales activities in assigned territories, nodes or geographical areas
- Obtain Right of Entry Agreements, Bulk Services Contracts and Marketing Agreements with property owners and management groups of Multi-Family Housing (MDU s Coop, Condo & Apartment Communities) and other entities within our service area and in a fast paced, competitive environment.
- Create new relationships and maintain existing relationships with property owners, property developers and property managers; reviewing the specific terms of proposed contracts.
- Negotiate and edit contracts over the course of long and complicated sales cycles; (This requires that the MDU manager remain ahead of both new development and existing contract expirations in order to plan future activity as well as staying current with the competitive landscape.)
- Effective management and maintenance of accounts through relationship development with responsibility for overseeing all activity associated with the account in both pre and post sales status
- Oversees aspects of the service delivery process from site survey to installation of services in order to effectively communicate progress with the client
- Manages on site events and work with Retail Sales as required to maximize contract effectiveness, service transitions and customer satisfaction.
- Develop relationships, marketing partnerships and Bulk agreements with property owners, developers, management companies to ensure exclusive or primary provider positioning of Eatel’s products and services
- Collect and respond to competitive intelligence/threats
- Conduct proactive consultative needs analysis with new prospective and existing customers, including the development of client centric product solutions
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in data, phone and video sales
- Design, develop and present sales proposals and presentations on product benefits
- Self-generate leads by contacting prospective clients by telephone, cold call premise visits, networking and industry events
- Qualify new leads and requests site surveys to determine serviceability of prospects, including submission of ROI analysis to sales management
- Maintain all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information
- Work in conjunction with other business services support groups, including sales engineering, sales support, construction and marketing personnel
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & PREREQUISITES
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales experience
- Specialized or technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, sales, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience in Telecommunications Industry