The primary role of the Senior Salesforce Developer/Architect is to ensure that technical processes and supporting systems continue to meet business project stakeholder needs by investigating, understanding, building, and documenting operational process and requirements.
This position is a key technical staffer that builds solutions, performs process work in conjunction with automated systems and third-party applications.
The qualified candidate will possess competency and have experience in the foundational architecture skills, an expert degree of Salesforce Product and Technology experience, and a combination of other technical skills.
Successful candidates must be able to generate code, understand and implement complex data structures, and manage advanced Salesforce platform configurations – particularly data schema, permissions, profiles, roles, record types, reports and dashboards, etc.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day aspects of maintaining code, documentation, and complex integration components.
This person is a hands-on worker who will drive the creation of logical models and documentation, and to work with others to design and implement process and tools.
- Provide technical guidance and be a technical mentor to the Salesforce team
- Develop customized solutions to support critical business functions and meet project objectives
- Understand technology architecture, articulate solution alternatives, and employ data-based recommendations and best practices
- Organize and lead technical design sessions and prepare technical design documentation for features planned for a release
- Analyze highly complex requirements, provide coding direction to other Salesforce developers and develop high quality code with supporting unit test and automation tests
- Audit, identify, and resolve data integrity issues using tools such as duplication management tool and/or Dataloader
- Provide technical design and application code reviews as necessary
- Help define technical standards and guidelines for Salesforce
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Science required; MS degree preferred.
- 3+ years working as a developer/architect within Salesforce
- Experience with agile development and methodologies
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party applications
- Expert knowledge of security concepts (authentication, SSL, SSO, etc.)
- Expert understanding of integration patterns: SOAP/REST web services, APIs, batch processes, connectors, middleware etc.
- Salesforce Certification is essential (see below)
Licenses and Certificates:
The following are all highly desirable and preferred – required where noted
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (required)
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
- Platform App Builder and Certified Platform Developer 1 or 2 (required)
- Certified Technical Architect (CTA)
- SalesForce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- SalesForce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Understanding of sales processes and Sales Cloud functionality
- In-depth understanding of Service Cloud/case management functionality
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement roadmap plans and enterprise-level Architecture
- Demonstrated ability to understand and represent business objectives and requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Experience identifying complexity across domains/functions and formulating appropriate technical solutions toward achieving business objectives.
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and other constraints
- Experience in Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and waterfall SDLC methodologies
- Salesforce DX (dev hub) continuous integration development tools and practices
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Marketo integration experience
- Azure cloud – SSMS experience
- Mass data integration/handling tools (Informatica, Scribe, DemandTools, etc)
- ETL – inbound/outbound APEX batching