Production Supervisor Description:
The Supervisor reports to the Assistant Manager and is responsible for coordinating and supervising the daily and weekly activities that occur within an assigned area
NEX Operations Departments operate in a warehouse or a manufacturing environment and Associates are subject to moderate amounts of dust, dirt, and odors, primarily produced by packaging materials and the operation of propane-powered forklifts as well as noise primarily produced by production equipment. Temperatures during the year will vary. Frequently operate a computer, read, write and interact with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. They move about within the facility and may travel to other locations.
Production Supervisor Functions:
- Provide a safety first work environment for all Associates.
- Walk throughout work area each quarter of the assigned shift to ensure that work is being performed safely and properly including adherence to ISO 9001 and 14001 Standards
- Provide leadership and guidance to Team Leaders to ensure that customer/site requirements are met.
- Manage, and adjust the staffing to ensure that daily and fluctuating production schedules are met.
- Maximize quality and productivity by understanding Standard Operating Procedures for each process and evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action and summarize in 4 box format.
- Effectively communicate Standard Operating Procedures, convey key information during pre-shift meetings and ensure appropriate shift tie-ins.
- Ensure that associates have proper access to the necessary tools and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely inspected and maintained.
- Participate in the collection and presentation of performance measurements related to SEQCDDM
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
- Prepare and conduct performance evaluations for team leaders and associates.
- Provide a professional working environment.
- When necessary, this position may be required to perform other functions as required to meet the company’s and/or our customer's needs/demands.
Production Supervisor Qualifications:
- Current Team Leader or have at least 2 year of previous supervisory experience.
- Possess knowledge of material service, warehousing and transportation functions.
- Possess knowledge of production and administrative software applications.
- Ability to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Ability to analyze information to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to motivate & direct people as they work, identifying the best person for the job.
- 401K match
- Low cost health care
- Free Dental and Vision Insurance
- Onsite health clinic
- Annual Bonuses
- PTO (Holiday, Floating, Birthday, Shut Downs)
Job Type: Full-time