|Position: Drafting Technician I|
|Job Id: 202|
|# of Openings: 1|
The Drafting Technician transforms field notes, whether electronic or hand drawn, provided by the Engineers and Engineering Technicians into electronic documents capable of being uploaded into client specific systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performing technical drafting and engineering design support for specific projects.
• Familiarity and basic understanding of proprietary design software through hands-on training.
• Work with Engineers and Survey Technicians to ensure accurate information is presented on plan sets and when needed, assist them in the field.
• Follow very specific and detailed procedures already implemented and, at times, be required to adjust and adapt to changing standards and procedures.
• Communicate effectively to direct management and can speak to progress of a project at any given time.
• Work closely with the Quality Control specialist to ensure accuracy of prints and submission
• Understand the basic Scope of Project
• Develop drawings for new and existing projects.
• Ability to read and understand architectural / engineering drawings.
• Basic or working understanding architectural and construction detailing.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
• Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high-volume work environment
• Work independently, but under the supervision of direct management
Working in an office during typical business hours unless a special project dictates otherwise. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|